When a customer try's to plaster them selfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cringe when I get a phone call saying I've tried to plaster myself self and it's gone wrong the usual.
Today when I went round it was a massive German woman that tried to plaster a ceiling first not even a wall when I asked her what made her give it a go she said well I'm very good at icing cakes so I thought it would be the same haha couldn't help but laugh

And how many times have hoe heard "bet you can ice a cake", we'll actually love I'm a plasterer so no I can't. Makes a change I suppose for it to be the other way round for once

Just grip your trowel firmly then smash it into the customers face in a rage and tell them to keep their stupid anecdotes to themselves!! You might not get paid tho??

Haha i always find it funny when they've had a go themselves cause they thought it looked easy + ends up looking like they've done it with a shovel! They all come out with the same things aswell, "doesn't it make your arms ache doing that everyday" well yeah it does but i didnt pay enough attention at school to sit behind a desk + get paid shitloads for it so i have to do this **** instead whether me arms ache or not!!

Haha i always find it funny when they've had a go themselves cause they thought it looked easy + ends up looking like they've done it with a shovel! They all come out with the same things aswell, "doesn't it make your arms ache doing that everyday" well yeah it does but i didnt pay enough attention at school to sit behind a desk + get paid shitloads for it so i have to do this **** instead whether me arms ache or not!!
And breathe!!?? Lol quite a good outburst there mate :RpS_thumbup:

Never forget the time we had to do an artex overskim. Half of it was stipple and half was an absolute Mess. Looked like itd been skimmed with dab. Asked the customer and he said its always been like that. Anyway while I was getting water from the outside tap I noticed a tub of that artex cover up stuff from pollyfilla and a trowel absolutely caked in it lol

Never forget the time we had to do an artex overskim. Half of it was stipple and half was an absolute Mess. Looked like itd been skimmed with dab. Asked the customer and he said its always been like that. Anyway while I was getting water from the outside tap I noticed a tub of that artex cover up stuff from pollyfilla and a trowel absolutely caked in it lol

I remember advert on telly for polcell smoothover and the voice over says "no need to call a plasterer" It was about £30-£40 for a glorified bag of easifill and a small spat. A couple of months later I get a call to price up a bathroom, I walk in and there was 3 empty tubs of this by the bins. The bathroom looked like someone had tried to flatten the walls with their eyes closed, I charged a bit more than I normally would just for the indignity of it all

I remember advert on telly for polcell smoothover and the voice over says "no need to call a plasterer" It was about £30-£40 for a glorified bag of easifill and a small spat. A couple of months later I get a call to price up a bathroom, I walk in and there was 3 empty tubs of this by the bins. The bathroom looked like someone had tried to flatten the walls with their eyes closed, I charged a bit more than I normally would just for the indignity of it all
I use it on customers houses all the time lol :rolleyes)

I love it when they've tried themselves. You can charge a bit extra cause they know they can't do it.
Went look at one room and there were lengths of cove everywhere and loads of offcuts.
The bloke had had a quote to fit coving and said piss off I'll do it myself before paying that. He didn't have the balls to ring the plasterer back so asked Mrs. x4 if I'd go round.

I like too think im a good plasterer but I cant ice a cake too save my life, the icing just doesn't behave like plaster its a right ******.

Status
Not open for further replies.