Whats the worst thing you,ve seen someone do on site?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger33

well i,ve been doing insulated render systems for 28 years now and i,ve seen a lot in my time,but when you see a man pebble dashing with his bare hands and i,am not talking about a hard to get bit behind a pipe i mean a 10m panel.

Tiger tell me a bit about the cloth mesh , why is it used instead of fibres ? why cant it be fixed against the insulation ? does the size holes it has in it mean anything ( should they be of a certain size ) !!? would it fail if the mesh was against the insulation ?

OH sorry thanks for your repies, and the worst thing i see was my mate shitting in an empty plaster-bag then throwing it out of the window lol :)

Tiger tell me a bit about the cloth mesh , why is it used instead of fibres ? why cant it be fixed against the insulation ? does the size holes it has in it mean anything ( should they be of a certain size ) !!? would it fail if the mesh was against the insulation ?

with the mesh your certain its there,with fibres that go into the mix there could be areas where no fibres inter lock the way they should,you,d have to put more fibres on the stress points to,i,ve used a system where fibres went into the mix and i don,t know if it was because of this but it was rubbish to use and the sucksion was terrible,couldn,t even dash half metre
if you tacked the mesh on 1st to the insulation without coating up,the areas of the mesh touching the board wouldn,t have render behind it
i think all systems use the same type of mesh so guess this doesnt matter,although the sto system as bigger squares on some of its mesh
i would guess it would be easier to pull off as the mesh only as the coat of render on the top of it to pull through,so i would say it would fail over time

well i,ve been doing insulated render systems for 28 years now and i,ve seen a lot in my time,but when you see a man pebble dashing with his bare hands and i,am not talking about a hard to get bit behind a pipe i mean a 10m panel.

ia saw a sqad of polish spreads casting a high rise flat with thur hands.4 a firm called rock.

lol, reminds me of the thread someone started about fitting a toilet in the back of there van.

Years ago (my replies always start like this) when bags weighed 50kg I saw a young lad jump off a flat bed truck with a bag of cement in his arms. He did this because he did not want to take it off the side of the truck that was on a very busy road. He landed on the floor and fell straight down into an open bag of lime. He couldn't move because the cement had trapped his arms. We all pissed ourselves until we realised how serious it was. He screamed like a girl when we hosed him down with cold water and wondered why.

Not really a site but every time i see a sparky try to patch chases after his re=wire always make me pmsl

An old plasterer i worked with once **** in an empty bag then took it to the site agents office ,set it alight , knocked on the door then run away.Oh how we laughed when some one came to the door and saw the lit bag and proceeded to stamp it out.:RpS_biggrin:

Asians round here put the render on with their bare hands like wattle and daub, kid you not then 'smooth' it with the palms of their hands :RpS_laugh:

i cringe when labourers clean out a bucket with their bare hands,you tell them over and over again, use the gauging trowel/bucket trowel. new labourer I had once, mixed a bucket of skim, picked it up and went to pour it on the board which he had over soaked, the stuff aquaplaned off the board into my tool bag.had another once who slipped with a bucket and it went all over the pile of skirtings....

Was on EWI work in Manchester on a few housing estates years ago and turned around one day to see a scaffolder stood on an outhouse roof and pissing as high as he could into the customers front garden!! Unbelievable! Absolutely no shame.

An electrician drilling asbestos ceiling panels for wiring (knowing it was asbestos) on site (domestic), contaminating the whole site. I remember him clearly laughing and not caring, and another guy very angry on site.

I wasn't aware of the dangers at that time but if i had been i certainly wouldn't of let him carry on.

i cringe when labourers clean out a bucket with their bare hands,you tell them over and over again, use the gauging trowel/bucket trowel. new labourer I had once, mixed a bucket of skim, picked it up and went to pour it on the board which he had over soaked, the stuff aquaplaned off the board into my tool bag.had another once who slipped with a bucket and it went all over the pile of skirtings....
**** me you've lived

:RpS_lol::RpS_lol: Surely you saw that on a sketch show on telly?! LOL. I am laughing here!

It doesn't beat the time you're labourer gave you two sugars rather than the usual one
would i trust them making tea ? a pal of mine had a gunman run into his job and shooting at someone from his doorway, at another job, he looked out and saw four guys trying to kill another with a golf club, he been very brave and crazy went out and dragged the guy away while they were still hitting him, forty stab wounds from the broken golf club, glad i never had a day like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.