What's the ratio of plaster to water??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
Apparently I'm not a plasterer and have in fact been lying about this for some time because I couldn't answer the question of what is the ratio of finish to water.... I am ashamed to say I have been haphazardly putting as much water in the bucket as I think I need and just throwing in finish willy nilly with no measurement of ratio!!! o_O

It says on the bag,10/11litres or something but I mix to a different consistency dependant on the task in hand.

Just think of the volume in an easy to remember way. @Nisus for example mutters to himself as he's putting the water into the bucket.

It took a while for me to catch on. "Half a bag. So that's three Newky brown and two Beirre Blonde." So I guess it's whatever quantities you're most familiar with or can visualise.

Apparently I'm not a plasterer and have in fact been lying about this for some time because I couldn't answer the question of what is the ratio of finish to water.... I am ashamed to say I have been haphazardly putting as much water in the bucket as I think I need and just throwing in finish willy nilly with no measurement of ratio!!! o_O
So come on then - what's the answer? :)

after much consideration i'm going to start with three teaspoons of plaster to one and a half teaspoons of water and see how i get on. It's going to take me at least two weeks to skim a room but so long as I can work out the correct ratio, piecemeal, that is all that matters

No idea in litres but my mixing tubs are marked with a sharpy on the outside as a gauge ie .... 1 bag , 2 bag , 3 bag depending on which buckets im using ... simply fill to water line and away you go ... bit of common sense ehhhh !!

Lots of things we do 'because we know' we don't think about it and probably never will

I always think about half a bucket of water goes and does a full bucket ..... But a have the eye for it now so dunno if it is half a bucket ..... And the sides slope abit so a just dont know haha its not like its mixing sand cement etc lol thats why that customer has asked that , no gauging really compared to s and c ....

we use the yellow stadium buckets. one bucket almost full of water to a bag of multi. a bucket and a quarter of water to a bag of hardwall.

So I suppose I better make myself look anally retentive, finish is 11ltrs a bag and hardwall 15ltrs. Normal black bucket holds approx 10ltrs to the bottom of the pouring spout but then again it's down to how you like your mix

So I suppose I better make myself look anally retentive, finish is 11ltrs a bag and hardwall 15ltrs. Normal black bucket holds approx 10ltrs to the bottom of the pouring spout but then again it's down to how you like your mix
8 litres to a bag for that one coat Friday finish :numberone:

Without sounding lie a c**t, but that's not gonna happen lol BG say 11.5 for multie and I'm only saying this because I spent hours working out the litre/kg ratio :)

Yep I know sad xx

I dont know but ive done a few cheecky rimmers in the past were its nearly spewing over the top oh why oh why if only i knew the correct ratio! Lol.:bailando:
Correct me if I'm wrong but rimming is the act of licking a bum hole right? If that's the case then this thread just escalated real quick

images (31).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.