What's the best paddle for multi?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairybear

Hi all,

Done a job this week where I covered a guys garden in multi cos my paddle (standard, 100mm collomix one) seems to spit the muck out of the bucket.

Had a quick look on the forum for paddle reviews etc however my question is, what's the best paddle to use if your generally mixing whole/half bags of multi in a 25-30 litre mixing bucket (the tall white kind). I ask this as there's a number of sizes of the MR3 paddle on refina site....any thoughts before I buy the one in the middle?

Cheers.

Make sure your whisk has a negative twist ie pulls the gear down over and when mixing half buckets use a smaller whisk or take ya time ya messy fooker :RpS_lol:

If your only mixing half to 1 bag at a time 120mm and at a slow speed.

As raggles said you need the negative twist.

Thanks guys. I think all the MR3 paddles are negative draw, so they draw the gear down.....should solve most of my problem. But, they seem to vary from 100 to 200 mm in diameter......choices, choices!

180 neg works a treat for that size i have that on all the time as i have a big bucket that i use 99% of the time but the few times i use the standard 30ltr bucket that size paddle munches through the mix and pulls everything down a treat making no mess

Hi all,

Done a job this week where I covered a guys garden in multi cos my paddle (standard, 100mm collomix one) seems to spit the muck out of the bucket.

Had a quick look on the forum for paddle reviews etc however my question is, what's the best paddle to use if your generally mixing whole/half bags of multi in a 25-30 litre mixing bucket (the tall white kind). I ask this as there's a number of sizes of the MR3 paddle on refina site....any thoughts before I buy the one in the middle?

Cheers.

mixm8, mate :RpS_drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Podger.:RpS_thumbup:
Reminds me of a time when my generator broke down and my labourer was like.... How will we mix skim now?
i told him I've a cordless mixer in the van and he's like.... Great ....... Until I showed him the podger :RpS_lol:

Thank god for electricity! Anyway, decided on the 160 paddle from refina. Just hope the mixer can handle the extra torque.... Probably end up burning the brushes out after a week.

Thanks for for comments though.......

just a thought, anyone used one of those mixm8 things in anger? The mix in the promo video looked **** and lumpy as fu#k........ I like the comment about it only needing to be spun up in a clean bucket to clean it....... How do they think we clean a 'traditional' paddle, get the tooth brush out the van??!!!!! Funny

180 neg works a treat for that size i have that on all the time as i have a big bucket that i use 99% of the time but the few times i use the standard 30ltr bucket that size paddle munches through the mix and pulls everything down a treat making no mess

duu can go fu ck himself

Mines got two gears as well as speed control. It not refina though. I keep it in the lower gear for finish as the higher one does tend to spit quite a bit.

@Jurek. Just seen your name pic. Was watching gumball this morning with my eldest. Its pretty funny for a kids program.

As for eleccy mixers I will put myself in G** section @cassie

Last edited by a moderator:
it's the funniest program on the tv, mate. sometimes they'll have a whole day of just gumball. check out regular show, as well. with mordecai and rigby :RpS_thumbup: just seem to watch cartoons, lately; i think i'm regressing back to being a child.

She watched mordecai and rigby this morning as well. They got turned into ghosts. When she was younger she always watched spongebob squarepants. That was the dogs balls. Loads of adult humour in it that goes over kids heads

regular show 7.30. gumball 8.00. kids have got to wait for it to finish before i'll take them to school .... :RpS_blushing:

Shes at her mums till saturday now. Might sneak downstairs in the morning while the wife is getting ready for work and watch it on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.