whats the best finishing plaster for taping and filling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

little5

Hi, I normally use multi finish, but find it can go off quite quickly.
Is there any other finishing plaster that you can recommend?

We normaly use easy fill I think if I was to use a finished plaster to tape and fill I'd be to tempted to keep going and do the lot .its one of my big hates in life taping is no quicker and its just as messy and the finish is s**t

dont use multi for tape jointing?? WTF. multi is a slow set and it comes back with water but you could add cream of tartar to slow it up for those big monster sets on skimming. for tape and joint my preference is 1coat joint filler 2coats joint cement. it sands peesy

little5 said:
Hi, I normally use multi finish, but find it can go off quite quickly.
Is there any other finishing plaster that you can recommend?

why in gods name would you use multi finish/finish for taping? ??? ??? ???

Easy fill/fast set, green or red bags. Bag or tub of joint finish, yellow bag/tub. 2 coats fast set 1 coat finish, sand with 120 when dry. It's no f**k**g hard.

Apologies if this sounds sharp, I'm in a s**t of a mood.

if you really wanna tape and joint finish I would use easifill for small areas or joint filler followed by joint cement for bigger jobs. in my opinion you need a decent area to go at to be taping and jointing. Have you been jointing with skimming plaster??

I thought you were asking is skim or taped better? not what product. like above then, easi fill - or joint filler/joint cement

Status
Not open for further replies.