What's perfect Render mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fellas,
What's perfect Render mix? I've just Blocked up to doorways in a pub wall and I'm gonna render it. The main wall is brick and I've blocked the wall in Block.
Any advice?

i always go 3:1, if ive got sharp and soft and mix em together a bit (depending on how soft the soft is, if u know what i mean..), all about the sand in my opinion...theres loads of different types ranging from almost sharp to so soft you could almost fill block paviours with it..
id always go for the coarsest of the soft, or the softest of the sharp..
make any sense??
i always throw some waterproofer in with it (not sbr) just everbuild or jewsons own goo, saves u havin to pva before you skim and it'll hold any damp back (alledgedly)

the law of rendering: the more you try to get it to stick to the wall, the more it'll not want to...

4:1 scratch, 5:1:1 top coat, with hydrated lime, and always use holme sand, and always add waterproofer, rubs up just perfect! :)

Sovereign is probably best but its a bit pricey, Feb is a good one and for a cheap one, i would use Wickes, I've used it a couple of times now and its pretty good stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.