What's involved?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 23452

Given all the 'discussions' on rates, companies, self employed etc. would someone with more experience in the plastering world just described the following to give a bit of back ground.

1) What's involved in getting on site as a sub-contractor?
2) What's a typical working day on site?

3) What's involved in getting a domestic job?
4) What's a typical working day when patching a few areas and skimming a bedroom?

I think it'll be useful if people that work on one or other just give some info so that people can visualise the difficulties and differences for both.

Don't tell him feck all lads!!
He's on to me ffs :frenetico:

I was onto you as soon as someone mentioned £2:20 a metre pal! o_O

Anyway, the answers to this post aren't for my benefit. I think after 30 odd years of site, domestic, employed, self employed, subby and my own business I have a fair idea what's involved. I just thought it may be beneficial for plasterers to have the answers from plasterers. Getting the info from a builder is no good, we're all lying, late paying rate reducing baddies. :rolleyes:

this is all your fault nisus,, teaching imago plastering,, have you noticed him slyly getting a plastering kit toghter lol

Nothing sly about it. @Nisus provided me with a starter kit (trowel, bucket, magimix, easi-fill, pallet knife, speed something-or-other, sanding block, bandit mask etc.) as part of the course fee when I got to his garage. (y)

Then he lay on a pile of insulation eating, drinking and farting in Wales whilst I put my new found skills to use. He said it was "intensive one to one mentoring" .

Given all the 'discussions' on rates, companies, self employed etc. would someone with more experience in the plastering world just described the following to give a bit of back ground.

4) What's a typical working day when patching a few areas and skimming a bedroom?

I think it'll be useful if people that work on one or other just give some info so that people can visualise the difficulties and differences for both.

The last big site I was on was in 2005-2006 & not interested in going on one again :)

Work, work, work oh & the obstacle course of other trades in the way & stuff no ready ffs! :muyenojado:

Price low to get the job then add on loads of extras :bailando:

Arrive at 10am drink loads of tea & eat customers biscuits, then sheet up get tools in & put radio on & throw tools around so it looks like you've been doing something if anyone comes back.
Then lock doors leave key in & go through knicker & bra draws for as long as it takes :rico:
Then do about an hour, 2hrs max of work.
Have a sh1t.
More tea & food.
Look at the work that needs doing & sigh then feel all depressed & sit down & feck about on your phone for an hour etc looking at slags on facebook from when you was at school & see how fat they are now & think thank fcuk I didn't stay with them lol :rolleyes:

then think sh1t I'm behind on this job already ffs!!
Get all depressed & think fcuk it I'll catch up tomorrow, then drive straight to offy to drown your sorrows :llorando:

The last big site I was on was in 2005-2006 & not interested in going on one again :)

Work, work, work oh & the obstacle course of other trades in the way & stuff no ready ffs! :muyenojado:

Arrive at 10am drink loads of tea & eat customers biscuits, then sheet up get tools in & put radio on & throw tools around so it looks like you've been doing something if anyone comes back.
Then lock doors leave key in & go through knicker & bra draws for as long as it takes :rico:
Have a sh1t.
More tea & food.
Look at the work that needs doing & sigh then feel all depressed & sit down & feck about on your phone for an hour etc looking at slags on facebook from when you was at school & see how fat they are now & think thank fcuk I didn't stay with them lol :rolleyes:

Get all depressed & think fcuk it I'll catch up tomorrow, then drive straight to offy to drown your sorrows :llorando:

So it's not just on the jobs with me then?

No i work harderer than ever on your jobs ffs, you bully you make me work overtime till 3&4pm sometimes 5pm :eek: you baddie!

I push you and push you even though your garage needs tidying. ;)

as a subbie,arrive on site at 8am, leave site 3.30pm, wages stopped 20% tax, 2% citb,10%retention . 1st day wasted with h and s and induction.
domestic, arrive 8am leave 3 pm with a pocket full of cash.

as a subbie,arrive on site at 8am, leave site 3.30pm, wages stopped 20% tax, 2% citb,10%retention . 1st day wasted with h and s and induction.

I guess you work on site with that comment?
Couldn't be farther from the truth tbh

Have a sh1t.
More tea & food.

Almost wet myself

Retention? What subbies hold retention?
None that I worked for in the north west anyway!
I'd have told them to get to f**k!

Imago, if you get a chance take some pics of Nisus working, no one has ever seen him work, his best mate Roger reckons hes a fake..

Imago, if you get a chance take some pics of Nisus working, no one has ever seen him work, his best mate Roger reckons hes a fake..

In his magenta shirt too. :foto::LOL:
IMG_20150727_181457.JPG

So @Nisus is your bucket bitch @imago? I thought @Nisus was the plasterer? Have we all been miss lead?

@Nisus is a builder now, he did a course one weekend in my garage. (y) He was removing and exterior wall and fitting RSJs today. Tomorrow he's going to be doing a hand cut bespoke apex roof including velux windows in a vaulted ceiling. I'm glad he's doing it because I wouldn't have a clue where to start. :LOL:

Told you I'd look fat at that angle FFS we're gonna have to do the photo shoot all over again now not happy & I hadn't even had a fecking shave FFS! :muyenojado:

Told you I'd look fat at that angle FFS we're gonna have to do the photo shoot all over again now not happy & I hadn't even had a fecking shave FFS! :muyenojado:

Nice ink though mate...didn't pammy have it first though? To be fair ur tits look cracking as well

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1438019478.530618.jpg

So @Nisus is your bucket bitch @imago? I thought @Nisus was the plasterer? Have we all been miss lead?

Yeah I'm helping him build an extension as am master builder now after the 2 day course, makes a change from plastering for a bit eh? & someone's gotta get it ready for plastering ;)

Unfortunately ive had to turn down all my own £80 a day work after he asked me if I'd help him, but it's ok ive been getting £150 a day for 5-6 hrs work & we spend most the day drinking tea & eating chocolate biscuits, talking to the old neighbours & feeding the magpies etc it's great I might become a builder instead lol :bananahappy:

Yeah I'm helping him build an extension as am master builder now after the 2 day course, makes a change from plastering for a bit eh? & someone's gotta get it ready for plastering ;)

Unfortunately ive had to turn down all my own £80 a day work after he asked me if I'd help him, but it's ok ive been getting £150 a day for 5-6 hrs work & we spend most the day drinking tea & eating chocolate biscuits, talking to the old neighbours & feeding the magpies etc it's great I might become a builder instead lol :bananahappy:

Yeah, but you're off to France at the end of this week leaving me at a critical stage with the M&S flap jacks. I'm never going to find a replacement given that I'm a baddie builder who pays crap and works you to death. :descansando:

Yeah, but you're off to France at the end of this week leaving me at a critical stage with the M&S flap jacks. I'm never going to find a replacement given that I'm a baddie builder who pays crap and works you to death. :descansando:

Well seen as we are sharing sneaky pictures, I might aswell show everyone the plastering builder :rolleyes:
@imago on my intensive 2 day plastering course in Wales :LOL:
Bloody builders nicking all our work!!:muyenojado::tonto:

:D

Well seen as we are sharing sneaky pictures, I might aswell show everyone the plastering builder :rolleyes:
@imago on my intensive 2 day plastering course in Wales :LOL:
Bloody builders nicking all our work!!:muyenojado::tonto:

:D

Hmm, I couldn't take a picture of you flat out on the insulation sleeping off your curry and beer that I took you out for the night before. Why? Because I had to get the set/gauge or whatever it's called, of the sloppy stuff on.

"Yeah, you mix up Larry. I'll just get set up."

5 minutes later.

"Lee. Lee! FFS! LEEE!"

"Zzzzz. [mumble mumble.] Ale. Not now Oli. I'm too full."

Retention? What subbies hold retention?
None that I worked for in the north west anyway!
I'd have told them to get to f**k!

i was talking about subbing direct off large building contractors.
if you are subbing off another subbie you are a long way down the food chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.