what would you guys suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

chequers

what would you guys suggest what would you guys suggest

Hi All
The walls need to be rendered but the ceiling vapour barrier is fixed to the the ceiling and comes down approx two inches ,it is like a foil tape made by visqueen
I need it to be rendered ,was looking at microgobitas on to the foil and down another 4 inches or so ,render with mesh
Cant come up with any other option although i have been told it will be likely to crack because of the foil
Any thoughts

Hi
I cant do that , the tape on the walls are are attached to the ceiling membrane if i cut it off the membrane seal is broken , it needs to work as it is a indoor swimming pool

use render mesh cut into strips big enough to cover foil and ceiling line ( instead of scrim )

What about parex tv10 mesh in parex pauramex render (sandwich the mesh)?
Or woild it have to be a specific mesh

They are moisture fireboards (room above)
Couldnt afford alternatives ,will be spraying knauff decoplus to add moisture resistance on to ceiling
What does EML mean
Thanks

Yes I considered that but as I was looking at parex pauramerx as the render I was thinking of using the tv10 mesh ., would this not be the same thing /performance as the eml
It is easier to put the pauramex on with a spray rather than getting sand cement carried up

Cheers guys for your help

Eml u would mechanically fix. Fibre mesh won't do a lot unless u bed it in a scratch and then mechanical fix it. Either way Eml it

With eml would you be looking at stainless or galv ?
I dont know now if the pauramex would be right for this job .Will check with parex re use of pauramex with eml in case of reaction
if the tv10 was bedded in with a background coat of pauramex how would this work , plan was one 15mm coat

Before the rendered walls and plasterboard ceiling have their final coats of decoplus they will be scrimmed on the joint

Before the rendered walls and plasterboard ceiling have their final coats of decoplus they will be scrimmed on the joint

what material are you going to float the blockwork with?
when you float the walls you could cut a line out at the ceiling line, fill with a mastic, then scrim and set. as this will be the weak area.

If they make it you could try 6mm cement board direct fixed to the wall overlapping the vapour barrier but fixed to the blocks and give it a tight coat of maite with mesh and render over the lot

Hi yeah had considered that but the boards are too thick (12.5) which would cost in terms of then using paramerex to build up to come back over the board good idea though
Can the tv 10 be pinned /mech/fixed like eml
If it can how is best to do it
Ta

Internal use galvanised eml.
Why do you want to use parex for internal ? Your just gonna float finish it and paint?
As I said before the tv10 can be fixed. But you would need to put a scratch coat over it and bed in the mesh with a good overlap. Then when it's gone off drill fixings through it with washers.

Using parex pauramerx as a render backing coat and then two coats 1.5mm of knauff decoplus
guess I could use sand cement instead of tbe parex ut the parex is sprayable

Yeah u could use s+c. Cpi is a cheaper sprayable alternative. Eml won't cause a problem. Fix it nice and tight and the render depth will cover it fine

Ive had enough of this game nothing but ******* morons everyday from site agents firms promising you work and **** ******* spreads getting treated just the same as someone who actually knows what he is doing

Status
Not open for further replies.