What went wrong?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMatt

Ya don't need to be a plasterer to see my skimming is sh*te. All looks ok until a couple of days later then it looks like this

20151210_145958_zpsejivj0l2.jpg

Be as critical as like

You cant trowel cement....now matter which type u use.....+ your coffee cup is too small and your baccy is getting damp.

Wats it skimmed onto? Damp proof meter up then over skim on top half? Mite be a case you've gone over it 2 late or ur not putting enough water on as u look like uve got dry trowel marks all over ur wall but hard to tell from a PIC mite be OK with a mis coat of paint that's wen ull c all the s**t that will need sorting etc

Wats it skimmed onto? Damp proof meter up then over skim on top half? Mite be a case you've gone over it 2 late or ur not putting enough water on as u look like uve got dry trowel marks all over ur wall but hard to tell from a PIC mite be OK with a mis coat of paint that's wen ull c all the s**t that will need sorting etc

Looking at the line in the new 'skim' it ties up with the old stuff on the window reveal. So I'm gonna guess it's an overskim onto lime plaster with distemper and sold old wallpaper paste on the top two thirds and limelight? on the bottom third.

Once its completely dry a couple of coats of vinyl silk..it'll be fine:).....
Its too easy to be critical before its been painted.

Looking at the line in the new 'skim' it ties up with the old stuff on the window reveal. So I'm gonna guess it's an overskim onto lime plaster with distemper and sold old wallpaper paste on the top two thirds and limelight? on the bottom third.
Horrible is that limelight to work with

Used to love it kitchy, mix feck out of it in mixer, fluffy as fook, and lovely to skim with carlite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Used it on 6 refurbs about 5 years ago..horrible to rule off..ant used it since big k

Was it limelight renovating or limelight backing ? I only used the backing......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always prefer to skim the whole wall as apposed to just patching but that looks a bit like woodchip will cover it nice when dry! :censored:

Flatten earlier and fill misses earlier,as its a re skim you may need to control the suction better to give you more time.fair play for posting pics hope you get it sorted.

It might look like old shrink tiger skin, but once you put the miscoat you will found out if is that bad as it looks. Brave to put a picture like that on here tho, but if you don't acknowledge the mistake how you learn from it?(y)
I am with kitchy and kgreigh on this.

Same as said earlier by others wait until it's dried out and painted. That will tell u if it's actually bad?
Sometimes it's the 1 coat you can see underneath things u can see as its drying out but once painted it may b OK,doubt it by the look of the PIC but fingers crossed pal eh

Was your trowel broken in? On the plus side door frame is relatively clean as is light switch and skirting line quite low to the ground

Just blame it on the camera lol

Looking at this in real life and it doesn't look like this at all but in pics, it looks s**t IMO. Wanted it for my new website next year but in 2 minds to stick it on or not because ya can see lines in the pic but can't see them when looking at it. Strange that!

IMG_20151125_094147315.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20151125_094202516.jpg
    IMG_20151125_094202516.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20151125_094300394.jpg
    IMG_20151125_094300394.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 238
Status
Not open for further replies.