What trowel should I buy for skimming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
****** s*p*r*lex .Had marshaltown all my life and just got one of these after reading about them on here.this and the ****** plastic leave a superb job.the marshaltown is now used for floating and dot and dab.

marshall town goldback trowel mpb14gsd is their top of the range, permashape ready for finishing plaster. sometimes called a banana trowel.
the other two trowels are basic trowels not permashape.

@midiplaster

Those prices are a bit steep.... Have a look at @Plasterers1StopShop for trowels... I assume you already have a decent skimming trowel?

Lots of chatter on some new type skimming trowels which are not Marshalltown :)

Have you looked at using plastic?

Last edited:
Hi mate,

If you want to call us on 01242236699 we will be happy to help you out. Can also offer a discount as your a forum member

Ryan

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

@midiplaster

Those prices are a bit steep.... Have a look at @Plasterers1StopShop for trowels... I assume you already have a decent skimming trowel?

Lots of chatter on some new type skimming trowels which are not Marshalltown :)

Have you looked at using plastic?

No I don't have a decent skimming trowel.

My instructor at College has asked me to get one. So I want to get something that is fit for the job.

No I don't have a decent skimming trowel.

My instructor at College has asked me to get one. So I want to get something that is fit for the job.

Ah Fair enough :)

I started out on a 13 MT trowel that was permashaped :) If you are just starting out I would learn the old ways first, master them then move on to the new methods... it will make you a better plasterer in the long run :)

Marshall town permashape is the one for you , size depending on what your comfortable with . Cant go wrong with them really , just look after it and it will look after you for many years :RpS_thumbup:

Personally I can't really see by the Tysack trowel. I've been using the pre worn. Light and springy and very comfortable to use. Worth a try!

tyzacks are made in china now, so wouldnt interest me, I like the ****** stainless ( not s*p*r*lex ) M/T are floor scrappers..lol

Marshalltown stainless 14 inch by 4.5 ,gold trowel ,make sure you can physically hold it and look down the blade before you buy it..

Ah Fair enough :)

I started out on a 13 MT trowel that was permashaped :) If you are just starting out I would learn the old ways first, master them then move on to the new methods... it will make you a better plasterer in the long run :)

That sounds about right. They said that I should get a 14"x5" MT.

Don't buy one of those gold ones shaped like a spoon. Just get a normal 14" x 4.5" Marshalltown. Carbon if you're gonna use it a lot, otherwise go stainless.

Edit: or better still a 13" if you're learning

Last edited:
Don't buy one of those gold ones shaped like a spoon. Just get a normal 14" x 4.5" Marshalltown. Carbon if you're gonna use it a lot, otherwise go stainless.

Edit: or better still a 13" if you're learning

I purchased this one : MARMPB145GSD

Exactly the same as a standard but Gold.

It's a 14"x"5, stainless steel perma.

I just bought a s*p*r*lex and it should be called supersex its that good and come ready to skim no pissing around
****** s*p*r*lex .Had marshaltown all my life and just got one of these after reading about them on here.this and the ****** plastic leave a superb job.the marshaltown is now used for floating and dot and dab.

Hi Mate,

No we don't do their Plazzis. We do have Plastic Finishing Trowels for £8.90 though which have had equally as good reviews

Our EZE Flex Prices are: 12" £22.00 + VAT The 13.5" is: £25.00 + VAT

Status
Not open for further replies.