what tools to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hail hail

Private Member
Any time we've did floors in the past, we've used a laser level and timber for straight edges to work off sunken into the sand and cement screed and rubbed up with the float. I've a few squid's coming to me here soon and going to invest in more tools so any recommendations for tools to buy instead of using timer.

I use a selection of edges and a level to run screeds around the perimeter then rule off these to fill in the middle,with your method you'd be better of going to a local fab shop and buying various sizes of either 1"round or 1"square steel rods.i bought some ally boxing from my local fab shop 75x40mmx3m £21,a third of the price of refinas ally boxing.

get the refina box rules of fleabay mate, i got 2x 2.5m ones, kept one, and cut the other one into a 3/4 length, and 1/4- this serves me well

Get someone else to do it... do not miss the cement burns on my knees.....

to protect our knees when screeding, we have elastic knee pads lined with alpaca wool,which my brother brought back from china, then we wear track suite bottoms, then jeans, then gel knee pads. i also have to protect my lower legs as i have had blood clots.

you can purchase trousers designed for screeding with open pockets for you to fill with sponge.

if you get cement burns on your knees it will take a week to heal and will be painful when you have to lay screeds the next days.

to protect our knees when screeding, we have elastic knee pads lined with alpaca wool,which my brother brought back from china, then we wear track suite bottoms, then jeans, then gel knee pads. i also have to protect my lower legs as i have had blood clots.

you can purchase trousers designed for screeding with open pockets for you to fill with sponge.

if you get cement burns on your knees it will take a week to heal and will be painful when you have to lay screeds the next days.

got any pictures of them... sound like just the ticket

Great idea.
To be honest I've never heard of a screeder without one!!!

I wouldn't be classed as a screeder but I've done a few floors in my time thou I wouldn't be awful fast as it because I like to take my time to do it right. If I was at it everyday I could be faster but would probably only do a few floors a year.

I know a guy who lays S&C beads on floor one day then works to the level next day or 2 then leaves them in. Anyone you know do this?

Probably too heavy, if you don't want to spend on it get some decent rough sawn 3x2 that'll do ya

Don't mind spending, might just buy few aluminium levels in different sizes, might spend an aul 100£ on them if decent enough. Have used timber before but would prefer something a bit more better because the timber usually easily damaged :(

Don't mind spending, might just buy few aluminium levels in different sizes, might spend an aul 100£ on them if decent enough. Have used timber before but would prefer something a bit more better because the timber usually easily damaged :(

purchase some refina alloy screed rules

Status
Not open for further replies.