What to do

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the barns being boarded @Cranny77 ???? Why not wet plastered and skimmed?? :RpS_confused:

Last 2 barns I've done have been board and skimm because building regs require insulation and planning require the stone outer to remain.

Last edited by a moderator:
0 hour contract. All the big companies do

But where would you get them from in the first place? couldn't really contact an agency that takes there cut etc when your just a domestic spread would be a right headache....

Il tell yer now the biggest problem is that 70% of plasterers are thick,incompetent and have no house keeping skills...not so bad on a site but its a recipe for disaster in a customers house when there representing you etc.

Ive got to the stage now where I just turn work down at times it grates me but sometimes its just easier/less potential hassle!

Hi guys. Works really busy at the minute I'm out looking at jobs every night keep putting the prices up without taking the piss. Trouble is I seem to keep getting them and struggle to fit it all in.
Ive tried labourers they're too lazy moaning etc
do I keep going on my own and keep turning work away? Or do I employ spreads and open a bigger can of worms?

Well done Cranny. Its is good to see when someone does well and especially when they want to share the joy. You will also get moaners like TimeServedSpread. Ignore them keep your head down and keep going. I find your approach more admirable than someone who wlaked into the game from school and can now only belittle others to make themselves feel better. I did a four year indentured apprenticeship after school but I welcome anyone who wants to give it a go as long as you make the quality of your work the number one agenda. Keep training all the time and do not rest on your laurels. Well done mate

Cheers happy al. Most plasterers I know that have done it from school did their apprentaship with their dad or uncle etc.
hats if to anyone you did it from 16 not with a family member. The banter can be tough lol

Status
Not open for further replies.