What to choose for render

Members online

Ryan.1983

Hi, just a question from my dad really who's an old school plasterer. He's put 2 base coats of sand / cement with kingfisher waterproofer on my extension thinking he could put a 5mm top coat with krend or weber now he's thinking he made a mistake does anyone think this is OK

Any pictures mate , I once went over someone else’s sand and cement scratch with an ocr it turned out ok but the suction was horrendous and I’d never do it again

Why didn’t he just finish in s/c as you say he’s old school so why put 2 coats on and then decide to thin coat seems backwards to me

I wouldn't like to try and scratch back 5mm of krend it would be al.ost back to the s/c

It was because he can't help himself just cracking on with it. He never thought to ask me what I wanted it rendered with, which was a coloured tyrolean finish. by the time I came home from work one day he already put the 1st coat on

Any pictures mate , I once went over someone else’s sand and cement scratch with an ocr it turned out ok but the suction was horrendous and I’d never do it again

Attachments

• 16029368011253228528772123798198.jpg
    16029368011253228528772123798198.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 170
I know I can't complain he's saved me a fortune over the years he'll have a go at anything. Can anyone recommend a tyrolean dash that could be sprayed onto the s/c iv been looking at weber cullamix today