What the F.U.C.K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBPlasteringmcr

Just skimmed a HSL last week and went back this morning to drop the key off. It's all dried nice apart from one wall looks ******! The wall was sh.it hot when I left it but it's dried darker than it should be with white spots on it! Only small spots, like freckles! But loads of them! It feels rough as fu.ck as well in some parts like its been put on with a brush! Wtf has happened with it? I've never seen this before!! As well which is even weirder!! The scrim I put over some of the cracks was sat on top of the new skim! I pulled them off and it left no mark at all!

This problem is generally caused by being as rough as ****, although not always showing these symptoms signs of being as rough as **** are very common. The best remedy is for the sufferer to cease plastering straight away. I hope this helps.

No the white spots are just flush and smooth with the rest of the plaster!

Andy: it's nothing to do with my work lol the wall was perfect when I left it! The rough pathes are quite weird! I've never seen this before! It's hard to describe how it's dried to be honest! I really can't explain it! Every other wall is perfect! I used one full bag of multi finish on it! It was also from a different B&Q to the rest of the bags I used! And thinking about it now it took a long time until it was ready for 2nd coat! It set really slow!

Just got off the phone to B&Q! Seems im not the only one complaining! They've taken it off sale! So f.u.c.k you trying to call me s**t!

So lets get this right, it was slow setting but it did set. When you had finished the wall and it had set it was "s**t hot" and the scrim was below the surface and yet days later the scrim had managed to rise through the set plaster to the surface and the previously "s**t hot" finish had developed a surface as rough as if it had been applied with a brush.
In the days between finishing the wall and dropping the keys back had you been abducted by aliens? It's at least a feasible as the previous account.

Just got off the phone to B&Q! Seems im not the only one complaining! They've taken it off sale! So f.u.c.k you trying to call me s**t!

you tell them jbplasteringmcr,good for you but next time stop beating round the bush,say what you mean instead of trying to be tactful and not hurt peoples feelings,yo go fellah all best hector

Maybe the client watched you skimming the walls and thought that it looked like a peace of piss to do ,so when you left he tried to have a go himself on one of the walls you had done but when it all went a bit pete tong he said **** this for a game and called you back. Or did you just forget to second coat and trowel up in you hurry to get away ?.:RpS_wink:

orrr he thought your wall was shite so he got someone else into reskim it and they were shite and hes passing it off as yours but theres no way in hell skrim could float up through set skim to the surface to be pulled off without leaving a mark.
ORRR you preped it i.e glue and skrim then forgot to skim it haha

Found out what the rough patches were! After I left her kids picked up a scraper and pretended they were stripping wall paper! On the wall I skimmed! She wasn't even going to tell me! The ****! Trying to make it look like my mistake so I'd do it again free! Can't explain the scrim, maybe it came off my dust sheet when I was packing up lol

Did you use plain scrim or self raising?
you cock lol ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

jb do you think they put some more scrim on the wall after you left because it cracked??

Status
Not open for further replies.