what quals

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

what qualifications dose all you chaps have and what experiance? iv a city an guilds been self employed for 2 years. :)

just done FCA plastering ad doing ICA plastering now officially, tho its been ICA from the start ;)

hoping go follow through with the NVQ route :cool:

mr spoon did u do that in college....... my only problem is there isnt a college near me that teach's plastering :'(

i had to travel to london to do my course and stay in accomidation for 3 months just to get the qualification working 7days a week , suppose its paid for its self thow, had to do it to get on to the sites by mine. after getting on the sites i decided to stay away from them too cold . prefair domestic ;D

i aint done no qual's.

if u need them to get on site then guess i aint going on site then :'(

less u can earn them whilst working on site

good for you mate ;)..............if you want them for site work dont bother you silly bugger ;D

mr spoon did u do that in college....... my only problem is there isnt a college near me that teach's plastering  :'(

yeah doing it at college fulltime, i have to travel but only 16 miles each way, wouldnt mind getting in my nvq level 3 if atall possible as id like to teach when my bones creak too much :cool:

i've done alot of P&D on site...... and it bored the feck out of me. i prefer domestic, most of the time
the only down site about working in houses is....... that u have to use dust sheets and tarps.

like u didnt know that about the sheets and tarps ;D ;D ;D

done 4 year apprenticeship 20 years ago 3 years college got all my city and guilds done both domestic and site but doin domestic at moment

Site aint too bad its what you get used to :) dont mind a bit of both me self, as for qualifications done my osat nvq2 thingy and cscs crap and never been asked for it since :eek:

any one remember when henry boots tried starting training centres ,what a fooking joke that was,got sent there on my first week 21 years ago,think the pass rate was 100% if you could count how many fingers you got,think thats were i went wrong :eek:

come on guys..... site/ domestic chill out .... hands up whos got any work booked in for jan / feb ... surely we are all on the same side???

i've never got into the domestic side of it apart from the odd weekender i was just wondering how some lads find domestic work after site work and there seem to be alot of questions about site work.....................just have a go ....didnt mean to start a fight .........please no ......wheres my pillow ............... ;D

Domestic is alot easier but what i find is that you get alot lazier. I still jump from domestic and site and if ive been doing domestic too long i struggle on price work just takes a few weeks to get back into it :)

what qualifications dose all you chaps have and what experiance? iv a city an guilds been self employed for 2 years.     :)
I did an ICA course (those 300 or so questions are a complete head-f#@k! such a relief when they were all finished !!!!!! although I hear that those lovely scaffolding questions are not going to be part of the course from next year!!!!!) now working towards the NVQ by taking photo’s of the jobs I’ve done, only problem with that is the phone ain’t ringing much these days (tell a lie, I’ve had 2 calls recently both from plasterers looking for work as they haven’t got any !!! :-? )
Things can only get better (can’t they???? )

this is just the start of it mate ..........next year work will completely dry up :(

booked up til xmas and its bloody typical i keep getting calls for work before xmas but no time to do them and they cant wait til new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.