What makes you a good plasterer?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
attention to detail....

being a super plaster wont always put food on your table though :) You need a business head as well :D

As many refina tools you can fit in your van:RpS_laugh:

Apart from that being clean is a biggie. Working in a house last week. Another spread was doing downstairs and I was upstairs. The owners said they preferred me. Finish was pretty much the same. Both flat and smooth. I finished with nearly s*p*r*lex and he with a refina plastic. Big difference was his floors were caked in plaster and it was all over the skirting. Not saying that I didn't spill a drop of plaster but I wipe attached surfaces down as I go

As many refina tools you can fit in your van:RpS_laugh:

Apart from that being clean is a biggie. Working in a house last week. Another spread was doing downstairs and I was upstairs. The owners said they preferred me. Finish was pretty much the same. Both flat and smooth. I finished with nearly s*p*r*lex and he with a refina plastic. Big difference was his floors were caked in plaster and it was all over the skirting. Not saying that I didn't spill a drop of plaster but I wipe attached surfaces down as I go

Good point and something I need to work on myself is less on the floor/ skirting. I'm not a complete mess but needs improving.

Having the ability to realise your in a shite trade that is only kill you slowly and never make you rich , yet still do the best job you can and put yourself out to make others work look half decent.

to carry on regardless when everything and everyone is trying to make your job as hard as possible , attention to detail and the art of acting dumb when sparky's wire have been snipped short , other than that flat straight walls :RpS_thumbup:

The first and most important thing to becoming a great plasterer is to love a good cuppa !

Being able to walk in your high heels without falling then dislocating & fracturing your shoulder :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.