what is this finish called

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all been asked to price some work up to repair the above finsh been told its terelean ??? but dos not look like the terelean that i know .

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/mshawplastering/IMG00105-20100628-2046.jpg
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/mshawplastering/IMG00106-20100628-2046.jpg

this is what i have to repair its like it all the way round its on an block of flats all round the ground floor its blowing off there is an concrete block that is 2inch wide and 6 inch thick running all the way round there is conner beads but it dos not look lick s/c any help will be great thanks :)

Hi lads hav u got any idea on how to repair this in the pics you can see that it has blown but when i looked at it itt is white and just falls apart in your hands any idea why it should fail this badley never seen any thing like it before

hi mate there is a concrete block that is sticking out about 2inchs and is about 6inchs wide thay hav placed corner beads to this then put the finish on. the top looks like s/c and is solid thing is if i can get this one right there is anuther 6 blocks of flats all with the same proplem just never came across this before

It will fail if the water can get behind it also like what has been said its on to timber and probably rotten timber.

i would walk away from this one based on what i no about it so far ,but thats just me i dont like headaces when i can just go and do a normal days work with no stress

Looks very like artex's high clad to me. Not sure if that's the same as highbuild! Definitely finished with a roller. I did a few portacabins years ago with the same stuff!

Casper said:
Looks very like artex's high clad to me. Not sure if that's the same as highbuild! Definitely finished with a roller. I did a few portacabins years ago with the same stuff!
thought you were a plasterer ;D

there is no wood in it just a concrete block as got the spec for the flats and its only the bottom that has blow the face and top are sound dont want to walk away from this as there could b a lot of work that comes from it

mshawplastering said:
can any one tell me how you apply this finish its been said that you roller it on but what is it made up of many thanks

You use a jiz-a-nator ;D

mshawplastering said:
whats the actual name for this finish mate only ever seen it on porter cabins

Its just a stipple or some may say a bark effect apply with a trowel as tight as possible then run your roller over it.

thanks flynnman always try to search forum before i ask but had no choice as i had no idea what i was looking at ;D thanks again for the help lads

Status
Not open for further replies.