What has caused this?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotsocks7

I take a keen interest in any plastering/rendering work I come across and noticed this on my way to work last week.
It had been rendered about a month ago and the top coat has blown off in several places and i was wondering what would of caused it ???

kids kicking footballs at it, didnt dampen down enough and dried out tho to see it like that it would probs needs a football or 10 booted at it to shake it loose still. inconsistent mix? sure theres many reasons but im not experienced enough to give an accurate answer, but then again it seems one of those things that you cant really tell unless you examine the wall and know exactly what when and how the plasterer did it

not half as harsh as calling someone a chancer who can barely skim :)

looks like top coat too thick, looks well defined around the edges of the patches, prob overworked with the float, meaning moving it about to much over the scratch coat, praps they should have waited a bit longer until it grabbed the scratch coat. poss also scratch coat loads of water proofer in it, so if top coat is thick it can slide about. if the top coat was thick and moving about it will tend to dry outside in, because of the water proofer, then it cracks, or drys hollow in areas, too thick and no suction, tried to finish it to soon. i stand to be corrected on that one...............or i might just be right...........or talking bollox :)

Billy said:
I take a keen interest in any plastering/rendering work I come across and noticed this on my way to work last week.
It had been rendered about a month ago and the top coat has blown off in several places and i was wondering what would of caused it ???

whats on the otherside? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

whats on the otherside? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
[/quote]

a pisssed off customer! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.