What Dries the quickest

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, if all things equal what dries the quickest between Parex monorex and Weber pral, i understand some colours dry quicker than others but im just wondering in general, I always use weber but i wouldnt mind giving Parex a go, thanks.

Remember all animals are equal...........But some are more equal than others!

Getting back to the question in hand.

When you say dry do you mean set? Weber will be the fast setter and Parex the slow setter.

Remember all animals are equal...........But some are more equal than others!

Getting back to the question in hand.

When you say dry do you mean set? Weber will be the fast setter and Parex the slow setter.

Thanks mate, to be honest I used parex yesterday for the first time, I had it sprayed by 9am but it took ages to dry, the lads didnt finish till 630 with clear up ect, i thought it seemed slower but was not sure as it was on top of engineer bricks which have obviously got no suction and I also microgebetis it, plus the sun was on the other side of the house :-(
At least I know what to use in the winter so the next day scrapes are not too hard

You get very little suction from Microgobetis, Parex is a slower set than webber. Plus you have a bit more time with it.

Yep its called Axel 3000 and its about 60 plus vat for 20ltr
In other words it is very expensive because mortar accelerator is calcium chloride - very cheap chemical to produce. Considering Axel does between 60 and 120 bags its not worth it.

You can get no named stuff for 30 quid 25ltr so less than half the cost.

Webers accelerator is about 70 quid plus.

Thanks mate, to be honest I used parex yesterday for the first time, I had it sprayed by 9am but it took ages to dry, the lads didnt finish till 630 with clear up ect, i thought it seemed slower but was not sure as it was on top of engineer bricks which have obviously got no suction and I also microgebetis it, plus the sun was on the other side of the house :-(
At least I know what to use in the winter so the next day scrapes are not too hard

On that sort of job mate an afternoon. Spray prob would done it.

It should be fine same day onto block this time of year if your all on by 9

im nearly always overnight with monorex, get it on last thing , then cut back next morn and so on. the only exception to the rule is BL10.

As per owls or a touch of hurry up juice can sort a small job out but always best left to do what it needs to.

Thanks lads, next day scrape it is then if circumstances are the same, you live and learn !
ive used wickes accelerator before with weber which works well on small jobs in the colder months, trouble is it's not clear, anyone know of any clear rapid hardener that is not extortionate like the render manufacturers ones. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.