What does the future hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIPPY

Whats in store workwise for the building trade this year?
Im looking for opinions & predictions on the outlook for all of us this year especially for plasterers, is site work almost dead in the water ? will private and domestic work be a busy side of the market this year.
My phone has already started to ring regarding pricing work for old customers and a few referals but no new customers as yet,our local builders merchants was hiving on sat morning ,i havent seen that for a while on a saturday anyway or could it be that the recent cuts in intrest rates is beginning to filter through. Heres hoping :-\

One bulider we work for has moth balled the 3 houses he was building and laid off half his staff, the houses will be roofed and sealed up they'll put the roads and drives in and then lay the rest of the staff off if there's no more sales, so that's about 25% of our work gone and the other builders are pretty slow as well. It don't look good, we'll be trimming the work force to less than half what we had last summer and toughing it out, still hoping for a flurry of house sales in the spring.

i was nearly told to stay at home today till feb but i'm alright now fingers crossed, hopefully mate the future will behold the government writing off our mortgages instead of bailing out the lenders then well put some money back into the economy!

a was lookin in my local rag the other day for plasterers ads theres normally quite a few but there was sumthin like 3

Status
Not open for further replies.