What’s behind these...

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
...reveals. Timber? Not worked in a house with this front before I don’t think . I want to rip the wood off and board for a neater finish . Thanks!

Attachments

• 44D900A2-CA34-4F6A-876D-605AC464928E.jpeg
    44D900A2-CA34-4F6A-876D-605AC464928E.jpeg
    961.1 KB · Views: 242
  • CC49F77A-6114-4E79-89E9-3CAE3C126FF0.jpeg
    CC49F77A-6114-4E79-89E9-3CAE3C126FF0.jpeg
    942.1 KB · Views: 238
Super thanks!

Was just with the slopey... don’t know if it was cladding or tiles on the front it was dark, I wasn’t sure if it might be timber with big gaps or something!

Cheers (y)

So going back to the boarding the reveals and then the wall, I reckon I’ll find the highest point and bring the reveals out to that... :inocente: :LOL:

On top of wood if no other option . Obviously board if depth there or customer loves options

Clean the timber off, sand and repaint. Heritage reveals they are!
Really? Sounds mithersome. I’m def not stripping the wood of the gloss..... although that would give me an opportunity to play with skimming up to dowling like @paulf was saying in another thread hmmmmmm. Not done that before prob make a pigs ear of it...

Really? Sounds mithersome. I’m def not stripping the wood of the gloss..... although that would give me an opportunity to play with skimming up to dowling like @paulf was saying in another thread hmmmmmm. Not done that before prob make a pigs ear of it...
Do it right........you’ll thank me later. Clean them back, skim to the front of the dowel and it will look a peach. It’s the right way.

So would you skim out from the dowel rather than into the dowel?
I usually use an undercoat plaster bring it out to the level of the bead then leave it to take up until it nearly hard to the touch. Then measure back a couple of millimetres mark a line then cut back the plaster at a slight angle and then skim it. Clean the bead down at the end.

I usually use an undercoat plaster bring it out to the level of the bead then leave it to take up until it nearly hard to the touch. Then measure back a couple of millimetres mark a line then cut back the plaster at a slight angle and then skim it. Clean the bead down at the end.
Thank you!