wetting blockwork

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

does anyone give the blockwork a soak if you know it`s going to get the sun on it all day.soaked it yesterday as the gable was around 70m2 and the sun was on it all day.it was`nt great when using spat.scratched back a treat this morning though

have just made the switch to morning spray then scratch on block matey was on by 11 and finished by 5pm on tues this week

i scaped back fri morn what i laid on thurs(60m2),then laid on till 4(60m2).i was scraping it back at 6.finished at 8 last nite!not leaving over nite anymore.

on same day scraps you dont want to be wetting walls down, I wouldnt leave anything over night now. get it on as early as you can.

do you lads still use the I section scraper things when its a next dayer and its pretty firm

First time i scraped back a mono ,didnt allow for how much mess it makes , took about a hour to scrape and two hours to clean it up had to hoover it out of the block pave ::) live and learn :-[

simplybesty said:
if its a bit hard then you can take the surface off with the scrapping pad and then I section then do the scrap.
if you take the surface off is it a bit green for the i section thingymebob

if youre scraping back next day its sometimes to hard for the i section if the surface is closed in just open up with the scratch float then i section to get it real flat then give it another light scrape

there is a job near me which a local gang sprayed. I drove past it today as the sun was across it and it was so flat I nearly crashed the van.

No sign of rubbing up etc etc. real nice job and huge 150m2 ish panels too

no its not mate there is one on the north circular road by woodford coming fom redbridge on youre left its only bays on a block of flats each bay there must be at least 30 misses white patches if you know what i mean

grand wizard said:
if youre scraping back next day its sometimes to hard for the i section if the surface is closed in just open up with the scratch float then i section to get it real flat then give it another light scrape
cool cheers mate

did you get in touch with marmorit about the insulated render if you want i will give you the guy at parex your number they are not to far from you

the numbers in the phone grand ill have to ring them monday, is parex the same stuff i thought it was mono ???............bit worried about ringing tbh dont know if im being paranoid but do they like putting people on the courses ?............have you had any experience before..............errrrrrrrrrr yes ;D.......cheers for the heads up mate ;)

parex do insulated renders aswell mate they are down youre way the rep peter is a good bloke give me youre number and have a chat with him they get jobs that they dont want to pass on to the big contractors ive had some good ones off them

grand wizard said:

thats what i said. ;D ;D

richardbrown said:
church said:
isnt that the norm ?

not really .... Most mono jobs look awfull when the sun is across them ... all dishy

To true.....Very rare i see decent monos anymore.

Seen some right cowboys doing some walls for bin sheds in a kfc car park the other week, it was between beads aswell, come past on saturday it looks f**k**g terrible. A lot of guys seem to think it's easy to get it back with the steel float the next day...

grand wizard said:
parex do insulated renders aswell mate they are down youre way the rep peter is a good bloke give me youre number and have a chat with him they get jobs that they dont want to pass on to the big contractors ive had some good ones off them
Parex have recently moved to coventry area warwickshire

plasterjfe said:
grand wizard said:
Parex have recently moved to coventry area warwickshire

woop woop come on coventry. thats all i have to say on the matter. no actual input ;D

most of the hand applied crew using mono haven't heard of an i-section and do it all off the nail float.....literally cutting half inch down with em........will never be flat. Have come across lots of people who get cocky real quick with mono because exposing the grain is quite simple.......then shave the thing back to brick or leave ski-slope beads with a few hundred misses for free.....oh and the chopping board covered in breadcrumbs look is nice too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.