wet cutting

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassie

A lot of tiles these days need to be cut with a wet cutter... they wont cut with a normal wheel cutter.. tiles such as slate, marble, quartz ,some porcelain... when buying a wet cutter go for the best you can afford, if tiling on a regular basis , i would recommend Rubi... I have 3 wet cutters and have owned them over 20 years with no problems... and thats with very regular use, if your doing the occasional job, you can buy cheaper table cutters for around 50 pounds or so... these will do for the odd kitchen shower etc...

Can get discs for porcelanico here for spinners dry cuts, diamond just thinner work well and no lugging big kit about. Ok for domestic work anyhow, for sure on sites pay to have summin more industrial.

A lot of tiles these days need to be cut with a wet cutter... they wont cut with a normal wheel cutter.. tiles such as slate, marble, quartz ,some porcelain... when buying a wet cutter go for the best you can afford, if tiling on a regular basis , i would recommend Rubi... I have 3 wet cutters and have owned them over 20 years with no problems... and thats with very regular use, if your doing the occasional job, you can buy cheaper table cutters for around 50 pounds or so... these will do for the odd kitchen shower etc...
I was looking at a "virtrex" cutter £150 tooled up.com do you know much about them seemed ok ? :RpS_thumbup:

The only thing I have away from rubi is a QEP bench cutter. That bloody thing has lasted 7 years and there's times I have mullered her beyond what a tile cutter should be mullered... She has stood strong in the face of abuse.. I call her Bernie the bench

He was trying to brown nose rubi like he managed with refina but that all backfired when they looked on this tile section,they saw herbie and Larry had the sponsorship wrapped up:LOL:

Hi guys I'm a tiler by trade and on the subject of wet cutters the sigma 10m9 is the best cutter by far it's got a hefty price tag but I wouldn't be without mine I also own the dewalt d24000 it's a great machine but it's not a sigma
tmp_18294-20151214_060532825290423.jpg
tmp_18294-20151213_131454465866292.jpg

And battipav make a awesome range of bridge saws I'd recommend also raimondi make a brilliant range I'd also recommend

No both machine have there uses I use the dewalt to plunge cut and I have curved edge blade to bullnose travertine u could buy one from pro tiler tools for around £ 850

No both machine have there uses I use the dewalt to plunge cut and I have curved edge blade to bullnose travertine u could buy one from pro tiler tools for around £ 850

Don't want to spend 850 on one thou :( Great cutters they are. Will buy one eventually thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.