were will plastering be in 20 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
where will plastering be in 20 yrs our trade is slow to improve with technology. The power wisk and stilts is what came along in the last twenty years and 25kg bags LOL, it's still all about graft. For me I think the machines and spats will take over "machines spraying". A plaster will be devoloped as it already is but with less troweling something on them lines.

You would of thought there would be another finish out since multi came out around96 I think.I know dura out but not readily available .am thinking new finish could be lay it on piss of for brekie come back no water one trowel done lol.

i think machines will become more common. but i think plastering will always be similar. if it hasnt changed by now, i cant see much changing

I reckon there will be a new product on the Market soon.

Ready mixed roll on self levelling skim.:rolleyes)

Just roll it on straight out the tub, like thick paint, sets flat & smooth like skim.:RpS_thumbup:

I reckon there will be a new product on the Market soon.

Ready mixed roll on self levelling skim.:rolleyes)

Just roll it on straight out the tub, like thick paint, sets flat & smooth like skim.:RpS_thumbup:

Call it smooth over :)

Too rite mate to much red wine, but I'm washing it down with brown ale now :RpS_biggrin:

And Casper you are the master artexer:RpS_thumbup:
Especially on the comb!!

It will be paper thin led panels on the walls and ceiling with a controller that changes it to differing colours, effects, murials etc maybe even 3D,

And new techniques will mean that plaster will be smooth with hardly any big ridges in it. 20 minute courses will be the norm and flynny will have a plasma card.

nanotechnology in use for walls so no need for plaster i,ll probably be dead by then so dont give a fcuk

thinking on it we could just be re skimming the dot and dab which will have cracked to feck by them,

Plaster on a roll, like wallpaper, stick it on and zap it with a - errmm - gun thingy to melt it flat n smooth in seconds. You will be able to buy the gun from Rontel or it me be available for a plasterers forum members discount from theblones, with danny on commission:RpS_thumbup:

Plaster on a roll, like wallpaper, stick it on and zap it with a - errmm - gun thingy to melt it flat n smooth in seconds. You will be able to buy the gun from Rontel or it me be available for a plasterers forum members discount from theblones, with danny on commission:RpS_thumbup:
it will be the plaster on a roll forum then dosent have the same ring to it not much will change machines only put it on the cant finish it one thing that will happen in time less and less young ones will want to take it up

Give that man a cigar, every fecker thinks they can skim. A bag of plaster should carry a health warning it may blind you when not used in a correct way .
Its become a big diy seller has multi.

in twenty years we will be plastering just the same as we are now only for the love of the job and not the money the way things are goin we will be gettin £0,50 m2 and they will want it three coating!!
on the comment about skimming cracked dabbin..... doubt that will be a problem with houses built in the past two years the fookers will have fell down by then with all the corners cut by trades trying to keep a wage rolling in
about young und comming through ive just started a lad at 17, hes keen as mustard and reckon he has the knock haha unlike the last one that couoldnt tape up after 6 month

i think the trade will get better coz i think there will be a lack of preads as the young generation of now wont want to do it.

they will have to get a spray skim on the market that can outshine hand applied.

Most of us will be dead in 10 years time carrying on grafting like this, so i wouldn't be worrying about what happes in 20. This time next year customers will be charging us for pluging our mixers in as well, it won't be long before we're paying the customer!!

In 20 years time we won't be allowed to plaster anyway, health a safety will put pay to that, i'm not even allowed to play conkers anymore for god's sake!

Status
Not open for further replies.