Weird!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuilderMCR

Have any of you ever hacked a supporting wall back to brick to find a whole course of bricks with absolutely no mortar underneath them? Seriously! There's a 10mm gap right the way across the wall lol

Have any of you ever hacked a supporting wall back to brick to find a whole course of bricks with absolutely no mortar underneath them? Seriously! There's a 10mm gap right the way across the wall lol

Do you get much work coming through your website with all them key words?

Nope! The house belonged to the mrs grandad, who left it to her dad who sold it us! Never even been painted in 60years! He wouldn't let anyone do any work in it!

Seriously though! The walls 4m long and this goes right the way across! I've never seen this before! I'm quite amazed!

Tell me about it! I've already had to replace all the kitchen floor joists, re-roof and replace a couple of rotten rafters that were being leaked on, boiler, consumer unit and more! It's had nearly £15k spent on it and its still a building site. Lol

Tell me about it! I've already had to replace all the kitchen floor joists, re-roof and replace a couple of rotten rafters that were being leaked on, boiler, consumer unit and more! It's had nearly £15k spent on it and its still a building site. Lol

15k pure materials?

No, electrician for the rewire, gas plumber for the boiler! SE for the RSJ, the pipes were all lead so had to replace, windows & doors. Loads done loads to go.

Yea, complete rip out. At the minute the value is about half of what some of the other houses are up for sale so just gonna wait and see what it gets valued at when its finished. There's a kitchen factory right behind the house which is just about to be demolished and we think houses are going to be built so not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing when it comes to getting it valued again.

You to tight to pay for a tin hat Asif or just enjoy the buzz of not knowing if it's all going to get drenched?
No point getting the 'tin hat' Derelict property , full gut out, the box is on the back now,got the wbp ply on most of it, tyvek on some, terrible week though, that damn wind...

Status
Not open for further replies.