weight of tiles on dricoat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris W

opted to dricoat a bathroom as opposed to dabbin mr boards to be on safe side for tile weights etc but the customers come back with bleedin tumbled marble @ around 11mm thick... skimmed the wall too... only goin halfway, but anyone actually know wot sort of weight dricoat will hold? i just sort of assumed it similar to s+c but it aint really sand is it?
i tilin it too... :RpS_bored:

s'alright got it... 20kgm

marbles 25.6 kg/m @ 10mm if its 2563kg/m3

might have have f'cked up ere... :RpS_bored:

nah mate but i jus wondering if i f'cked up usin dricoat as opposed to mr board or better still good ol fashioned render...
same advice for both in white book - 20kg...
would seem it would have been overweight whatever - should have jus rendered and devilled it really but he wernt sure where he were gonna want tiling...

funny stuff innit dricoat.. never tiled it before...
be reight.. :RpS_wink:

come to that... never tiled with marble tiles before either... is it special addy? :confused:

might actually do that.... this pic is like an antique naked bird bout 3 foot tall and he wants it right over the bath taps... :RpS_biggrin:

Skim wont take that weight Chriss, dont know much about dry coat i always SC or PB or on posh jobs cement board you need the right addy for marble check with manufacturer and dont listen to muppet in Topps though i guess any 2 part flexi will do.

mmmmm...
well it outside recommended limits innit mate... you ever had any fail on you due to exceeding weights? its one seriously tight coat of finish... i got the dricoat pretty damn flat...

your right maybe should have opted for sand and cement or the tile backing board, dri-coat is a renovating plaster mainly used on remedial / work such as rising damp

i know what f'cking dricoat is mate its a 6:1:1 with pearlite and an anti sulphite... the pearlite helps to reduce shrinkage and therefore cracking and can be finished a lot sooner than s&c but do you happen to know the weight of tiles it will take? apart from the 'finished with skim' given in the white book? :rolleyes)

tile backer not used as it requires a mechy fix and 38mm batten which would have f'cked the job up... mr board not used cos i needed to skim at least some of it besides it would have been proud of the door liner etc

i used dricoat cos 1) its easier to mix, 2) i can skim it next day without worrying about shrinkage and 3) b&q didnt have any ocr

i skimmed the lot cos 1) customer had no idea of the tiles he was gonna get 2) how far he was gonna go with em 3) he went away for the week 4) i told him try and get ceramics and 5) it was never gonna be a 'posh job' you should see the f'ckin plumber.... even my labourer said he wouldnt trust him to run a bath let alone fit one... but now ive got 3 different sized tiles, 1 of which is a different material and ive just gotta get the job done...

anymore tips spark?

Google Images

lets see if flynny can recreate this bint when hes done his course :RpS_biggrin:

shes called 'lesbia'

panic over anyroad... turns out the only genuine marble is the picture itself... all the rest are marble 'effect' bloke in tile shop agreed 'be reight' :RpS_wink:

mmmmm...
well it outside recommended limits innit mate... you ever had any fail on you due to exceeding weights? its one seriously tight coat of finish... i got the dricoat pretty damn flat...
Dont think i have ever exceeded wheights with large format but ive never come across a failed one only when dabbed and then its the tile parting from the addy

they not large format mate... ol 'lesbia' is made up of 28 tiles - 7tiles x 4 tiles, all 4 inchers..
nice one though mate, ill take a pic of the bird next week, swopped things round and done the kitchen today... :RpS_thumbsup:

Lesbia?..............see if you can muck around with the tiles n get her head between her legs:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.