wedding anniversary

Members online

hector

so, on may 22nd 1982 i got married to mrs.hector, now coming up to 40 years anniversary next month, 40 years of good times/arguements/ fall outs/ travelled all over europe/ sadly no family,......just us two.....but what do i get mrs. hector for our 40th anniversary, fell out with me tonight , gone to bed in a right strop,
any ideas/suggestions what to get,.......jessica what do you get mr. jessica for anniversary,.....
sadly unfourtanetly my grandfather died at the night time reception,
no family , not a week goes by without looking at the empty chair in our living room thinking about our son or daughter who should be there, with there freinds/talking about college /university etc
had to many real ales today ,

What about 40 meals?
No idea really but I’m aware women value the gesture more than the material aspect of something
Not to focus on what to get but more how/when it is delivered or something

so, on may 22nd 1982 i got married to mrs.hector, now coming up to 40 years anniversary next month, 40 years of good times/arguements/ fall outs/ travelled all over europe/ sadly no family,......just us two.....but what do i get mrs. hector for our 40th anniversary, fell out with me tonight , gone to bed in a right strop,
any ideas/suggestions what to get,.......jessica what do you get mr. jessica for anniversary,.....
no family , not a week goes by without looking at the empty chair in our living room thinking about our son or daughter who should be there, with there freinds/talking about college /university etc
Think 40th is ruby so a nice Ruby Murray. By the way your missus has got you a roll of tape mate.

Congratulations hector
Take her on the orient express, cost you a few quid but your a long time dead

Now this is a tough ask.

How about giving her forty POSITIVE comments/statements about the world around the two of you.

Disclaimer: The management accepts no responsibility for for wife following your grandfathers example should you choose to be positive within her earshot.

Yep that’s similar to what I’d suggest, an experience rather than a pysical gift.
its my 15 years this year, I’m taking her to New York, first class. a small price to pay for putting up with me, your a long time dead.
Wry nice owls

A couple of ideas, if your wife likes gardening. Floriade world gardening exhibition is on this year. it is only on every once every 10 years. this time it is at Almere, nr Amsterdam.
As you have never been to London, loads to see and do. have a long weekend in a hotel .

Just show her you still love her mate...easy...if she loves dancing take her dancing...if she loves heavy metal take her to her rock concert or anything inbetween....after 40 years you know what puts a gleam in her eye so do that so she looks at you like it's 1982...and well done on 40 years

Depends what she’s into. If she’s into sun and glam book a decent holiday - moon palace resort cancun mexico is amazing highly recommend it.
If she’s more of a home holiday person you can hire vw campers. Hire 1 and do a UK tour

Spend a long time thinking what to get her, ask everyone what you could get her, spend a bit too much money on what you get her, but most important thing is keep the receipt because she is going to take it back and buy something else.

What about 40 meals?
No idea really but I’m aware women value the gesture more than the material aspect of something
Not to focus on what to get but more how/when it is delivered or something
You’re bob on there mate!

Si got me a laptop one year for my birthday. I appreciated it in the sense that he spent money on it that he worked for, but I’ve barely looked at it.

He bought me a loose leaf teapot the same year for Christmas and I lost my s**t over it!! Best gift ever!! Bloody love a decent brew!

Ah Hector I’m sorry you feel like that. I’m currently of the opinion that life is rich whether you have kids or not. Just different paths.

I can see how much joy children have brought the people around me. At the same time not having kids can give you other choices and freedoms.

And frankly if you found someone you’re happy to share your life with then that is a massive stroke of good fortune in itself!

We’re all lottery winners to just be here.

As for what to get Mrs Hector….. I’m rubbish to ask. I agree with those who have said an experience or a trip away. Something grand or even just a weekend. I don’t remember or think of the stuff I have. I think of all the things I’ve done

One of the best trips I had was to Ivalo, Finland to see the northern lights. Booked with ‘aurora zone’. Was amazing!!

Congratulations on 40 years :birra:

Ah Hector I’m sorry you feel like that. I’m currently of the opinion that life is rich whether you have kids or not. Just different paths.

I can see how much joy children have brought the people around me. At the same time not having kids can give you other choices and freedoms.

And frankly if you found someone you’re happy to share your life with then that is a massive stroke of good fortune in itself!

We’re all lottery winners to just be here.

As for what to get Mrs Hector….. I’m rubbish to ask. I agree with those who have said an experience or a trip away. Something grand or even just a weekend. I don’t remember or think of the stuff I have. I think of all the things I’ve done

One of the best trips I had was to Ivalo, Finland to see the northern lights. Booked with ‘aurora zone’. Was amazing!!

Congratulations on 40 years :birra:
Are you suggesting that a memorable potato might do the trick, if given whilst on a special trip to Lidl?

You're a legend :D, 40 years is a long time! Consider hiring a wedding DJ and doing things that you weren't able to do at your wedding.