Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanb

Do any of you that have websites gain much work through them? is it worth spending the money to get one done?

secondly once you have one whats best way to direct people to your page as its all good and well having a site but if nobody views it then its pointless.

Put a few pics & few testimonials/references and i think most customers would have peace of mind your decent. All the younger people use the net (even iphone) rather than a yellow pages so it makes sense to have one really??

First of all mate have a read of the 'slowing down" thread, then speak to danny and he'll do one for you

forget newspapers and directories ----- the best thing you can do is get a web site..........

doesn't need to be expensive (i did my own)
if you wan't someone to build it for you , danny can sort it for a low price

You direct people to your site by picking the rite keywords for your target area/market
mine for example is wolverhampton.
So say when people in Wolverhampton type into google - plasterer wolverhampton or Wolverhampton plasterer, they will see my website :RpS_thumbup:

Just type Wolverhampton plasterer into google & see where my site is:RpS_thumbup:

Now this doesn't happen over night but a few weeks work will start bumping you up the google ladder.
You can do it yourself or pay someone like Danny to do it.

just tried that.....

wolverhampton plasterer 9th on first page

plasterer wolverhampton 2nd first page

below the google places ads ----

that fine mate.........

have you signed up for google places lee ?

just tried that.....

wolverhampton plasterer 9th on first page

plasterer wolverhampton 2nd first page

below the google places ads ----

that fine mate.........

have you signed up for google places lee ?

No mate I haven't signed up for google places might look at that, Cheers:RpS_thumbup:

But the page ranking you mention, the 1st 7 places (A-G) are not websites but just names addresses & numbers.
Out of the first 7 there are 3 weblinks & only 2 work,
those 2 are aiming more for the commercial Market.
Where as I'm aiming more for the domestic market.
So counting those 2 sites I suppose my site is 4th on the 1st page of google today, but I don't count them:rolleyes) as I don't think the customers I'm targetting would contact those 2 websites.
And the rankings go up & down & usually I'm The first one under the A-G list:RpS_wink:
So I look at it as I'm 1st & sometimes 2nd:RpS_thumbsup::RpS_biggrin:

was in no way a criticism by the way

yes i agree with you, people will choose your site over a directory listing
and relevant for domestic customer searching .....

main thing is, its working for you

:RpS_thumbup: :RpS_thumbup:

was in no way a criticism by the wayyes i agree with you, people will choose your site over a directory listing and relevant for domestic customer searching .....main thing is, its working for you :RpS_thumbup: :RpS_thumbup:
Cheers Martin.I know you wasn't criticising mate:RpS_thumbup:

Nisus

But the page ranking you mention, the 1st 7 places (A-G) are not websites but just names addresses & numbers.

Actually thats not really true. In some cases it may be true but if you link your google places page to your website, your sites url comes up with it. And with the new panda update (googles algorithm for search results) places (A-G) are classed as your ranking position!

Ryanb.. Try having a go yourself, its not too hard once you get your head around it. Learn how to make a website properly not with a free tool to do it, you will have a lot more flexibility and find it easier to rank high! I made my site myself, and now started making sites as a hobby for friends and for my own benefit! If you havnt got much work on, read some books or some tutorials on the web, theres loads out there.

Having a site is the best way to get work these days, think about it, when you want to know something what do you do? Google it? Think about how many other people will do this and think about what they will type... Your answer to that is what your keywords and what your site should revolve around!

If you need some help or want to know where to look for info, pm me and ill help you out a bit!

HI Nisus, do you have to pay for the keyword to make your ad/website appear. obviuosly more hits makes it more popular & will therefore appear higher eventually. its just that starting out of it and making it return something. cheers.

Hello,

Spose I better chime in :)

Thanks to everybody who has recommended me :) If you dont have a site your leaving money on the table for someone else to take.

Google places is easy to set up and there are lots of tricks and tips to ensure you rank highly for your search terms.

I agree that if you have spare time have a play and see what you can make your self but make sure its better looking than your competitors as your site needs to show your professional class :)

@viva you have done a nice job by the way #:)

Danny

HI Nisus, do you have to pay for the keyword to make your ad/website appear. obviuosly more hits makes it more popular & will therefore appear higher eventually. its just that starting out of it and making it return something. cheers.

No.... when I built Nisus site he told me what keywords he wanted to rank for and I built the site around those keywords, he has then gone on to do the other bits that I dont do within the cost of the site :) I have software that shows me all the information regarding keywords and what not so I dont have to guess keywords I cant get teh most searched for ones and target them exactly by knowing what my competition are doing :)

MOst of the sites I build rank very well naturally without much more work... but that depends on the competition :)

Danny

Actually thats not really true. In some cases it may be true but if you link your google places page to your website, your sites url comes up with it. And with the new panda update (googles algorithm for search results) places (A-G) are classed as your ranking position!

Ryanb.. Try having a go yourself, its not too hard once you get your head around it. Learn how to make a website properly not with a free tool to do it, you will have a lot more flexibility and find it easier to rank high! I made my site myself, and now started making sites as a hobby for friends and for my own benefit! If you havnt got much work on, read some books or some tutorials on the web, theres loads out there.

Having a site is the best way to get work these days, think about it, when you want to know something what do you do? Google it? Think about how many other people will do this and think about what they will type... Your answer to that is what your keywords and what your site should revolve around!

If you need some help or want to know where to look for info, pm me and ill help you out a bit!

cheers mate, appreciate the offer. i totally agree with what your saying- first thing i do when i need anything is google it. even phones are so simple now to just research what you want in seconds so it is defiantly worth having a website. my main query was just the attracting people to it. obviuosly once you have a site you can advertise that url on tshirts, sign written vans, business cards etc, i just didnt have any idea how you got your site to appear higher on google listings.

No.... when I built Nisus site he told me what keywords he wanted to rank for and I built the site around those keywords, he has then gone on to do the other bits that I dont do within the cost of the site :) I have software that shows me all the information regarding keywords and what not so I dont have to guess keywords I cant get teh most searched for ones and target them exactly by knowing what my competition are doing :)

MOst of the sites I build rank very well naturally without much more work... but that depends on the competition :)

Danny

Cheers Danny, i did have a go at one long time ago and just basically put my contact info and abit of a introduction but havent ever looked at it since. It was plain & to be honest if i was looking at it i dont think it would be the best advert for myself ha.
Ive advertised & not needed to attract work as had a steady stream just through word of mouth/recommendations, friends, family etc. Its always nice to have more & it has slowed down of late so its definetly something i need to look at getting sorted. If i was to pm you Danny is it something you would be interested in doing? cheers

I dont know if Danny still does it but you should look into getting his working mans web domination download. Its cheap and it does exactly what it says on the tin. I used it and got my website to the top of google in a matter of a few weeks. It still usualy stays around the first page and there is a lot of competition with websites that are directories. I stopped using the wmwd when i got a high ranking and havent used it since.

The working Mans Web domination is not the be all and end all of SEO but its normally enough to get websites ranking for the local markets

I also offer a service where I can do it for you but that is obviously at a cost... as those of you that have used my method will realise its boring!!!

Danny

As said before, I had danny build me a site from scratch, and he pretty much knows the keywords anyway. I did the google places bit on my own and I'm one of the top in that aswell.

i do the google places thing ....it brings up my web site too

sometimes another of the pages bit further down..

My server costs......

This site (PlasterersForum) is on a server that costs I think £120 a month and thats all I have on this server

The rest of my sites are on a server in the states which is about $100 a month but I have about 130 sites on that one :)

Danny

haha yeah I have been making money online from the age of 16 I made my first $10 in the form or 2 x $5 dollar bills :)

I have sites selling anything from sewing machines to houses :)

I have just started getting into SEO consulting as I started ranking sites for friends and family and they spread the word and proof is always in the pudding.... Thankfully for my sites I have managed as if I only could plaster I would be in financial ruin by now....

Still really love plastering so I have not gone complete geek yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.