Website hosting!

zombie

Private Member
Eyup chaps

So my website package is due to expire and will need to organise hosting now as my 12mnth free package is about to expire.

Current web company quoted £350 to renew for the year.

Does that sound about right?

I have absolutely no idea with technology!

Eyup chaps

So my website package is due to expire and will need to organise hosting now as my 12mnth free package is about to expire.

I use hostinger for my Web hosting only costs me £15.99 every 3 months.

But that depends on if it includes anything other than just hosting.

Mine is just the hosting and I do the website and maintain it myself

That reminds me I need to get round to sorting the meta data out.

@Danny is the main for all things Web

Eyup chaps

I charge £75 a year to TPF members that normally includes running software updates etc

Not really important these days :D
No that's why it's slipped my mind for so long.
Still close enough to the top of Google to be useful.

To be honest I it was a overhaul of my old outdated website.
Was only ever intended as a reference point really. But quite surprised how many enquiries from the Web form I get as well as calls.

Still needs a bit of tweaking in the portfolio section but I'll get round to it some day Haha

www.doncasterplasterers.co.uk
If you want a peak don't laugh though I'm no pro but I do like all that stuff.

Was only ever intended as a reference point really. But quite surprised how many enquiries from the Web form I get as well as calls.

Still needs a bit of tweaking in the portfolio section but I'll get round to it some day Haha

Looks good that pal

Yeah seo has evolved over the years... I still do Meta stuff but thats just force of habit now :D

Thats pretty smart to be fair, wordpress does make it easier :D

Yeah seo has evolved over the years... I still do Meta stuff but thats just force of habit now :D

Thats pretty smart to be fair, wordpress does make it easier :D
Cheers fellas.
I needed something mobile friendly and don't have the depth of knowledge to build from scratch but a decent wordpress theme can make it a whole lot easier.
The right one can be indistinguishable from the original template too.

It works for me though

Cheers fellas.
I needed something mobile friendly and don't have the depth of knowledge to build from scratch but a decent wordpress theme can make it a whole lot easier.

It works for me though

Is there a confused button....im just a captain of a german u boat.
Id need a code to crack that shite
:sick:

Cheers fellas.

It works for me though

yup :D

every wp site is pretty much built from a theme these days... then customised over the top :D

@Danny if i had a website that was top ranking in Google how far a field would this generate work mate ?

What im trying to say is i generally only work in the small town that i live, which is tiny and it pretty much keeps me going all year. I have a FB page where my photos of work are stored and i steer customers to there when quoting so they can see previous work, which quite often wins me the job.
Could you just have a website that you used as a gallery and put the customers there yourself rather than relying on ranking, so avoiding work from further afield that i didn't want ?

@Danny if i had a website that was top ranking in Google how far a field would this generate work mate ?

What im trying to say is i generally only work in the small town that i live, which is tiny and it pretty much keeps me going all year. I have a FB page where my photos of work are stored and i steer customers to there when quoting so they can see previous work, which quite often wins me the job.
Could you just have a website that you used as a gallery and put the customers there yourself rather than relying on ranking, so avoiding work from further afield that i didn't want ?
Check my site above
Its not top ranked in Google
I point people to that.
The trick as far as I'm concerned for what your after is to get a good website address as that helps on Google.

Mine is www.doncasterplasterers.co.uk
So anybody typing plasterer in doncaster or similar it gets generated with the keywords so stays near the top.

Look at b&q for example their address is diy.com
People will search diy etc then b&q pops up

It is more complex than that of course and Danny will be able to explain that in better detail.
Mine is just a basic example of how the Web can work.

As Danny mentioned when you get into seo etc things get more diverse.

Right, so for example if you were to only want to work in Luton you could target your site towards that one place. but google being clever would also see that location and may recommend you...

@reeves1985 is right to a point... and having Bedford plasterer in the domain use to really help you rank and it is known as an exact match domain name, however it is not really seen as a benefit anymore other than being convenient for customers to get the point quickly.

Google wants you to build authority sites and brands and not micro sites... I use to have over 400 domains targeting individual products say for example the singer sewing machine then another domain targeting xyz sewing machines... google came round and slapped the shot out of those sites... I then moved all the content from about 20 sites onto one generic (brand-able) domain name and suddenly the site is ranking again and making a profit (before I sold it)

With any website especially plastering use it as a portfolio for people to see your work... create great well thought out content and it will rank very well with little work... well depending on who you are competing against :D

I can go on and on about SEO and marketing but I wont :D Just trust me :D

@Hicky you can set yoursite to be hidden from the search engines no problems :D But I wouldnt... If you dont want the job just price it high :D

@Danny sounds great!...can you pm me plz so I can arrange etc...thankyou

PS...really green with this sort of stuff!!!... Do I need to do anything?

Also does everything remain the same ie my current ranking and will I be able to ammend my site still as and when needed ie update photos etc.

Thanks zombie

That looks good there mate. Simple. "Liked"

I've been told that domains won't help ranking anymore, it's more down to content and backlinks. It might be a different case on a well aged old domain, Google loves old domains.

@Danny sounds great!...can you pm me plz so I can arrange etc...thankyou

PS...really green with this sort of stuff!!!... Do I need to do anything?

Also does everything remain the same ie my current ranking and will I be able to ammend my site still as and when needed ie update photos etc.

Thanks zombie

drop me an email davlicmedia@gmail.com with all your logins from your current host and where your domain is registered :D

and yes everything stays the same :D

When is the hosting up for renewal?

I've been told that domains won't help ranking anymore, it's more down to content and backlinks. It might be a different case on a well aged old domain, Google loves old domains.

domain age is key :D

to be fair content and links have always been the way forward :D Its my main focus when I do SEO for people

drop me an email davlicmedia@gmail.com with all your logins from your current host and where your domain is registered :D

and yes everything stays the same :D

When is the hosting up for renewal?

Great thanks Danny...

Will get all my info together and email it all over to you tomorrow evening!

Renewal date is 16th Feb...does that give enough time pal?

Thanks Zombie

Great thanks Danny...

Will get all my info together and email it all over to you tomorrow evening!

Renewal date is 16th Feb...does that give enough time pal?

Thanks Zombie

yes it should do... Will be close but should be fine :D Providing all the logins are correct :D

yes it should do... Will be close but should be fine :D Providing all the logins are correct :D

Thanks @Danny

Just emailed you all my details!

Subject bar should say Zombies Website Details.

Any probs please let me know if its to close to the wire ref deadline date etc!

Thanks Zombie