Weber render cracks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbplastering

Could any one give me a bit of info I have done a rendering job for a mate of mine using weber render it was put over sound painted brick i put weber render aid on first then the render on it's been around 7 weeks now and it has cracked in places I told him that this render should not be put onto the painted brick as it might not stay on but he still wanted me to do it now the cracks are solid and have not come away from the wall but what would be the best way to patch then any advice would be appreciated thanks

They are not round the windows and doors if that's what u are thinking they are just random cracks couple in middle of Walls some at bottom I was thinking has the paint come away but like I Said they are soils but u can see them

Maybe let me know how you get on, had a similar prob earlier in the year.Do you think the rendaid has delaminated or the mono delaminated from the rendaid, and dont listen to Spunky he will just try and sell you one of his Tomato plants which are fcuked

It was pral m weber render . I was thinking could I cut the cracks back to brick and put mesh in them and grind back the full area 7 mm and put a 9 mm top coat over then scratch back

with respect don't ever hack cosmetic cracks out mate.....ask yourself if the cracks are worse than a roadmap of repairs in differing shades to the original. An aesthetic problem calls for the same consideration be given to the solution. ie a facade renovation paint with microfibres which is designed to bridge hairline cracking over the whole area. Before painting you could possibly fill the worst of the cracks first by devising your own fix as long as you didn't make them more obvious by altering the texture at all. hope this helps

Would webers own paint cover the cracks .? As the cracks are soild is there any kind of bonding agent that I could fill cracks with then paint just to be on the safe side ?

Iv just had a look on there website looks good stuff would save me the hassle of taking the render off and redoing it or trying to patch it il give them a call do u no what prices are for there gear cheers mate

rendits about 80 plus Vat per 5 litre tub if i remember right,

i was going to use it on a project i was doing on parex monorex gf cos we had some cross contamination in our mix but i used parex own dpr product in the end.

if you say its solid still and they aint in stress areas i would suggest it is shrinkage given that you went over painted surface, I would persuade the dood you warned him and that its not going to be a problem and leave them alone. touch ups never look good

The rendit stuff for crack repairs is about £12 for a small bottle. If you are wanting to paint over it with Weber equalizing paint then it is £96 a tub inc vat and it covers 20m2 a tub. Delivery is extra. Webers product name for the paint is Weber.sil P. Rendits version costs a bit more but is more of a matt finish as Webers is more like sandtex paint if not the same being a St Gobain owned product. If you ever have problems with a Weber product and need their tech rep on site then you ring rather than the customer. They side with the complaintant and NEVER admit fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.