Weber Render Advice

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogstail

Hi there, just after a little bit of advice if possible.

I'm just about to complete my first weber scratch finish render job, all I was curious about was, when applying the finishing coat to the already render aided wall, is it best to try and coat it in the morning and rub up the same day or coat it in the afternoon and rub up the following morning? The job only consists of an area of around 16m2, so not too big, however the weather up here is quite cool at the minute, so wasn't sure if that would delay the rubbing up time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

its just a little job so i would bang it on early doors and rub up in the afternoon...............if its ready, obviously

or you could end up chasing your tail......................:RpS_laugh:

Soz...............:RpS_blushing:

Thanks a lot for all your advice, its much appreciated. Finally, just out of curiosity, is it imperative to use a 15mm tooth scraping tool rather than a 8mm one when rubbing the same day? I've heard numerous different theories on this and I was basically just wondering which was correct that's all.

Many thanks again

Use plenty of stress patches as per Weber spec. Good luck with it you might need it.

Thanks a lot for all your advice, its much appreciated. Finally, just out of curiosity, is it imperative to use a 15mm tooth scraping tool rather than a 8mm one when rubbing the same day? I've heard numerous different theories on this and I was basically just wondering which was correct that's all.

Many thanks again
The 8mm are sharper ,which is why they are normally used next day

8mm same day, problems are easier to address when the material is still fairly green. By the way, "I'm just about to attempt my first scratch back render job" is similar to, "I'm just about to put my head in a crocodiles mouth for the first time" good luck, you'll need it

long tooth are used for render that is still quite green, the longer teeth dont clog up as easy as a short tooth. that said using weber this time of year on a same day should not require the long tooth scraper.

we have done parex and krend recently same day scrape, short tooth

8mm same day, problems are easier to address when the material is still fairly green. By the way, "I'm just about to attempt my first scratch back render job" is similar to, "I'm just about to put my head in a crocodiles mouth for the first time" good luck, you'll need it

is that what you did when you went to Butlins?

If you think scratch renders that difficult then all those years experience you have over me are wasted old bean!

Status
Not open for further replies.