weber Pral HELP please

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be best ringing Weber Technical on 01525722100. If Felix answers (caribean bloke) then don't bother listening to him. He will advise you today and condemn and deny what he said tomorrow. The other guys are ok though. I don't think they will advise it. They will probably advise rend-aid then ocr if it needs building out then whatever finish. Ask for what the minimum thickness's are. My advise is go well over the top on the spec, mesh everything and particularly the stress points in the top coat. Bead up to soffits and sills and leave expansion gaps around windows if you cant bead up to them. If there is a comeback they will look for anything they can blame you for and if you do make a complaint be careful what you say. They record everything.

Personally I hope the barstewards go bust after the way they treat me. If I ever meet up with that git Kevin Grainger I will end up doing time.

Last edited:
Try to get Paul Robert,s number from Weber .straight talking guy that knows the job and material inside out

Hi guys, It's been a while since I mailed you as we had the snow and couldn't get on with the render problem. We've been advised to fill the cracks with a flexible acrylic latex with a gun, which is being done as I type. It's taken ages to do one panel. Scraping back the cracks and it appears the cracks are only surface, the scratch coat is sound. Goes to show the "Weber Pral" is really that crap doesn't it?. Anyway Kent & Blaxhall have advised painting the whole area with something called Bedec Extra flex masonry paint. 400% flexible sort of rubber paint. I'm getting advise this time. Anyone used it?. . . Thanks for your help guys

The Weber crack repair system is ok but it dries out lighter in colour. You also need their Ibocar. Nearly £100 a bucket with 10 bags in it. 1 bag would last you years! If anyone wants a bag let me know. As for the adflex any tilers flex additive will do.

As for the paint there are flexible paints but the more flexible ones seem to be thick and plastic with some sort of texture involved. I recently used Jub Equalising paint. Good for flexing over cracks up to 0.5mm and offers some flexibility. Easy to roll on and 30m2 per tub. Cost about £108 per tub though depending who sell it you.

I finally got around to doing the weber pral cracks. I've had to fill them with a flexible acrylic latex with a gun. This was great and did the job as it dried clear. I found a flexible paint (Thanks Rigsby) from Bedec 400% flexible so it says on the tin. The trouble is the Weber Pral is so rough (pitted) to cover and the Bedec paint is a pig to put on. It's too thick to roller and brush. I've watered down the first coat to make it easier but it's still a ******* to do. I tell you what I wish I had never set my eyes on Weber as i've never come across such rubbish material. So please can someone tell me the best way to put this paint over Weber Pral. Thanks in advance.

It can if it's done right , but why do you want to , use a rendaid or something designed for this particular system to avoid the the pickle that pickle has found himself/herself in

Aggy i was thinking the same surly it not a good idea to put a polymer render system over ordinary scrach coat ,one flexes the other don't unless it has lime in it ??......

Status
Not open for further replies.