weber ocr

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasethemase

I need some advice on using ocr, gaffer keeps telling me its like s&c, I cant believe they would make something to be like s&c only worse, I must be doing something wrong

OCR is s*x to rub up, rule off and knock up either with cement mixer or drill and tub, simples , get on it

i dont think anything is as nice to use as a correct and proper mix of sand and cement but ocr is very very good to use far as render goes.

do it in one process at full thickness (no scratch coat needed unlike sand and cement) it can sometimes go fast so if your floating be aware and get all over it like a man on a mission otherwise let it go a bit and then I section it flat and sponge finish

Yeh nice stuff but the sand is a bit too fine for me, more like building sand. Machine it on and rule whilst it is still wet and fluid no problem but hand ball 15mm in one go then no. Two coats, let the first stiffen up before the second but be quick, any suction and you are snookered.

Thanks for the advise lads, weve been smashing on 60 sqm panels, ended up ruling them off when wet and pulling a spatula over them and finishing with a sponge float. Chap must be happy as he given us 30 more houses. ;-)

so you have been spatting but not floating? I just treat it as normal render,apply, staff, float, sponge.comes up tidy but to costly for my liking.

so you have been spatting but not floating? I just treat it as normal render,apply, staff, float, sponge.comes up tidy but to costly for my liking.
That's the thing that will keep me at normal render. Hard to get the cost to be liked by developers

Yeah pal. We're not using any beads so 3 stories top to bottom pulling a spat over is quicker than floating. Sponge float takes any lines out. 60m2 panels is a good days work

Ocr is surely cheaper when you take into consideration its 1 application. No scratch coat. No leaving for 5 days .wetting everyday before topping.

Ocr is surely cheaper when you take into consideration its 1 application. No scratch coat. No leaving for 5 days .wetting everyday before topping.

Only if it's a one off job/panel. OCR is more than double the cost of site mix. If you've got plenty to be getting on with, like other panels or internal work on the same job, then IMO it would be more cost effective to use normal S&C.

I suppose so. By the time you ground to the start again on a big job it will have had enough time to cure.

Wait till you get tennis elbow, frozen shoulder or tyno in the wrists. Then you will bugger the savings in hand applied and go for the spray job.

Preserve what you have got left in your joints.

So u float your OCR rigsby? I can't imagine the finish is tidy spatting then sponge finish.

Serrated edge then spat flat. Rub up as usual and might sponge depending how nice a finish the float finishes.

Serrated edge then spat flat. Rub up as usual and might sponge depending how nice a finish the float finishes.
Don't know what you mean about joints, apart from the knees and right shoulder and the fingers I never had a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.