Weber base coat/Weber pral m??

Members online

PlasteRightUK

Hi all, new to the site. Just wanted to ask as I know everybody do things the way they find better for them.

I've got a job coming up this month and was wondering is it best to use Weber base coat OCR first do dub it out a bit and to put the mesh in and then to top out with Weber Pral M??

Any advice would be great.

This is what I was thinking but someone I used to work along side always used the ocr and was just wondering best approach.

If it is normal thickness (15mm) then rendaid but if it then requires dubbing out like on stone then dub out with ocr and let cure before pral.

If it is normal thickness (15mm) then rendaid but if it then requires dubbing out like on stone then dub out with ocr and let cure before pral.
So best thing to do is rend aid then do two passes of PRAL?

It's going onto concrete blocks.. just wondered as all the times I've been doing it with the guys they have just gone straight onto the concrete blocks obviously not thermalite as I know the suction on these are not forgiving lol.

So rend aid the concrete blocks and then 2 passes of PRAL?

Thanks

If it is 7n block, good and flat then pral.m straight on. If you want to apply the pral.m a bit thinner then rendaid. If it is weaker than 7n block then rend aid anyway.

If it is 7n block, good and flat then pral.m straight on. If you want to apply the pral.m a bit thinner then rendaid. If it is weaker than 7n block then rend aid anyway.

Roughly how much do you get out of a bag of rendaid going over nice flat surface?

And after I've done out the rend aid on how long usually till you can put the PRAL on I've been on jobs where they have put on PRAL the next day but then others that do it same day?

I am generous with rendaid and often fully mesh although good blockwork might not need it. 3m2 per bag and leave 2-3 days to cure.

Didn't realise it took that long to cure as I say I've never done it like this before. So do I put the mesh into the rend aid or in the first coat of PRAL?