Weatherproof external render for pizza oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antdad

Hello gents

I built a fairly large wood burning pizza oven a few years ago and the cement based render has now seriously started to deteriorate. It's now in such poor shape I'm going to remove it completely and start over, the oven itself is well insulated so the exterior gets warm but not hot. I've started reading about acrylic/silicone renders and it sounds like it might fit the bill, what would you recommend? I'd consider a DIY solution if it saves (exterior paint + quartz?) the overall area is no more than 10 - 12 m2 . I'm a competent plasterer but not a pro, thanks in advance.

If you know of any over the counter suppliers in W London/Heathrow area that would be appreciated.

get some wallcrete and either print it, carve it, sponge it or scrape it, you can add pigments for through colour or add colour using acrylics, go over to the wallcrete section and have a look, nearest stockist is PICs at Newbury, but they will courier , there is a link to there site on the side bar
<----- over there

Hello antdad im in north London look me up if you want to wallcrete the oven and are not up for training for a one off job im sure we can work something out. All the best Andre pedratek.com

Hopefully he managed to get the job done, or he's out of business without an oven for 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.