We got a plasterer in to plaster the chimney breasts in two rooms. Left it unfinished

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

katloubee

and now we're not sure how to fix it. The corners are the issue, it's like he slapped it on without buffing off the corners or anything. I will try and post a picture later on today when I get to the flat; anyway, there's a lot of excess plaster on either side of the chimney breast where it meets the corners of the wall. Is there anything we can do ourselves or is it best to just get another plasterer in to finish the work.

We thought he was finished and gave him the cash up front, and he later text to say that he will be up on Friday to finish it, but he didn't show. Nightmare!! :RpS_cursing:

went to see a job a bit earlier. it was terrible. shudder marks all over the place. an arch done with skim stop beads and it was all kinked and sprung at the bottom. some pipes boxed in so that it went an inch across a switch faceplate adjacent. really bad. asked why they'd paid him and they said just to get rid of him. the builder had recommended him and then theyd fallen out with the builder etc. don't think most people know whats good work or not.

Ok i'll give you some cash back and come back and rub it down with a half brick.:RpS_blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.