wba

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heafy

just wondering if it would be ok to water down wba with pva to make it go that little bit further. What do you lads think.

yeh go for it i used to do 5 litres of pva 5 litres of water and chuck a tub of gypbond in ............the guarantes out of the window but its not our house ;)

bodplasterer said:
Just make your own wba how hard can it be i recon a bit of sand pva and pink paint ;D
I have used just pva and sand before for a little wall that had no suction at all and all went well.

Sbr needs cement for it to work right surely? we tried to just paint it on neat and all sorts weird stuff was going on it tends to let everything slide down the wall :(

fooking too right ;D......it just sticks to the straight edge!....atlast someone else agrees i hate sbr even have the same problems with slurrys .......tempted to leave the waterproofer out of the scratch coat next time!

sbr is just an adhesive... just let it dry properly like you would do with wba or gypbond...
difference is when its dry it wont live up again like pva..
suppose waterproof pva would work too..

ill bet clear quick drying varnish would work as well.. ;D

I was in travis perkins the other day and saw a 5 litre tub of cementone sbr and it was just under 50 quid, are all sbr's usually this dear as i dont really use the stuff that often

ive had ago at making my own wba.... by using a mix of solvent free stabalizing solution.... waterproof pva and sand... and it was no were near as strong as wba.

also tried mix's such as waterproof pva and sand. sbr and sand and they just peeled off.

your better off just using wba.... ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.