Waterproofer

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac82

Just wondering weather you should put a waterproofer in the sand and cement render mix? Also what the best mix is 3.1? Been plastering 13 years just hardly done any sand and cement render! Cheers.

i always put waterproofer in my scratch coat i use 4- 1 +water proofer for scratch coat and 4-1-1 for top coat

Cheers pal just wasn't sure if I needed to put any additive in the mix old bhoy told me it Could make the render crack in time?!! Is that 4 sand 1 cement 1 lime?

we only use waterproofe additive depending on what finish is required and the size of the area to be rendered

yes 4 sand 1 cement 1 lime,, i also put waterproofer in top coat as well,,, using admix will make the gear easier to use,, this is the mix i use and i never get any problems,,, every one you ask will have a different mix they like to use

we never use feb on external work and as malc said amounts of waterproofer we use is dependent on conditions and size of the walls

Like leebo said but make sure you don't use master create cement or an equivalent ,just good old fashioned paper bag opc

I would only use waterproof in the scratch if there was warm weather or a big amount of suction or if it was a big area. On cold damp walls I would put it in the top coat, my scratch would be 4/1 sand cement on solid walls concrete or brick, 6/1 on celcon or thermalites. Top coat 5/1 over the 4/1 a week later, 6/1/1 on cel on a week later,
don't mix waterproofer and lime together or waterproofer and plastizer, lime and plastizer aerates the mix,

Status
Not open for further replies.