Waterproof

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
what did they d
u use waterproof to stop suction and waterproof a building u ad lime For some reason I know to make the house breatheble lime is a plastersiser y don't we ad a bit of fairy liquid in the mix to and frost proofer and ol the other s**t on the market we can make a so
No use waterproofers to kill suction, internally and externally, for ordinary plastering /rendering, if your damp proofing then add waterproofer to (supposedly) stop damp but different mixes , tanking etc feb was introduced to replace lime

Y
No use waterproofers to kill suction, internally and externally, for ordinary plastering /rendering, if your damp proofing then add waterproofer to (supposedly) stop damp but different mixes , tanking etc feb was introduced to replace lime
yes but u ad lime and waterproofer before u pepeldash u are going to get suction when dashing

Y

yes but u ad lime and waterproofer before u pepeldash u are going to get suction when dashing

Obviously.

Who in their right mind would do that?

Why don't you bump up the other thread, I said my piece there.

Another reason to use lime in top coat is where the cement ratio needs to get very weak so the lime can harden up the finish in a very weak mix, also binder

Obviously.

Another reason to use lime in top coat is where the cement ratio needs to get very weak so the lime can harden up the finish in a very weak mix, also binder
Yes m8 use a bit of lime in top coat but y ad waterproofer whith that? Uv got your waterproof in scratch

Obviously.

Yes m8 use a bit of lime in top coat but y ad waterproofer whith that? Uv got your waterproof in scratch
So your saying waterproofer gets rid of suction?
yes that y u use waterproofer before dashing

So why the f**k is there nothing on the market called a suction equaliser? What a load of bollox this thread is its basic plastering and has been covered so many times.
Ok m8 I'm finished just scratch whith lime before dashing and c what happens amen

Bollox so you are relying on the air to dry it?[/
In the winter ,yea , in the summer it gives u enuff time to get it on and finish it without chasing ur arse , u know what happens if u soak a s&c wall without waterproofer it would dry in no time , not on a waterproofed coat , ur just being argumentative as usual ;-D

Your going back to the sealer lol I don't ad that to the lime I put that on when the work is weathered it keaps the rain off an ol the moss only on wheatherd side iv c work that only 5 years old covered in moss and streaks

No.
That's the thread that turned into the lime debate.
Now I'm finished.
Good luck

yes that y u use waterproofer before dashing
It doesn't get rid it evens it out for whatever is going on the top. Stop for a second and think why you use it in the scratch? If it's only purpose was suction control it would be called as such or there would be another product:

it's waterproofer it is waterproofing the wall which in theory is reducing the suction but not getting rid of it, summer winter it makes no odds in this country we have both on the same day.

it's waterproofer it is waterproofing the wall which in theory is reducing the suction but not getting rid of it, summer winter it makes no odds in this country we have both on the same day.
I understand that m8 but y do the people that highly qualified advice plasterers in the trade not to mix plastersiser up together ??

I understand that m8 but y do the people that highly qualified advice plasterers in the trade not to mix plastersiser up together ??
Who are you on about and why start this thread? Do you think you should ever put waterproofer in your top coat?

Who are you on about and why start this thread? Do you think you should ever put waterproofer in your top coat?
y did u not answer my question? Y do they advice us not to mix plastersiser up together then I'm not going to argue whith them but some on here think they know better than the highly qualified people

y did u not answer my question? Y do they advice us not to mix plastersiser up together then I'm not going to argue whith them but some on here think they know better than the highly qualified people
Who the f**k are you on about? Got a link?

Yeah not to mix them together , thats like meaning frost proofer and a waterproofer mixed together . It doesnt mean you cant use one ......

Status
Not open for further replies.