waterproof stud wall??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjm0402

got a job on to waterproof a stud wall between a wet room and wc was thinking cut dpc into floor then cement board up to tile level dpc up under cement board then pb up to ceiling and skim........tiles going up bout 1200 so cement board should do...............any sugestions?

RJM,

Your wet room proposal is flawed,all wet room systems are and need to be monolythic in make up. I suggest a good deal of research is required before you undertake this task. This will help you on the way Wet Room Solutions.

I just finished a wetroom with some great advice I got on here.

I don't think dpc along with cement boards is going to seal it adequately.

Impey make a shower tray that fits flush at floor level. it is designed to drain water away and is available in all different sizes. The same people also supply a tanking system that is supplied on rolls and stuck to the wall and floor. I have 2 of these systems in my house and after 3 years i have not had a leak.
i used normal p.boards and just followed the Impey spec

thanks for the advice lads. i told the guy it wont do and your always gonna have water penetration through it but he's a starving t"@t so i decided to give it a miss as im sure he be happy to tell anyone who'd listen how it went wrong but not that he didnt want to pay to have it done right!

should have been more specific the wet rooms a food prep area with a tiled floor told him to do it properly some floor tiles would need to come to seal from floor to wall and he didn't want to do it....some ones already messed it up once before!

if money's no object then it's a piece of piss. I can't see anyone doing a really cheap wetroom and it lasting.

twitcher my point exactly mate we all know what they like want it done for peanuts but when it goes wrong all hell breaks loose!

Status
Not open for further replies.