Water for Ritmo

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stretch

what sort of water supply do you need for a ritmo? does it need to be of any minimum pressure or can i run it from a 110v portable pump out of a water butt?

need expert advice?

need a minimum of 2.5 bar. use a water pump from a butt is best as u are guaranteed to have the right pressure.
PFT have a nice water pump that we usually sell along with the machine

I have a AV1000 for my Ritmo.

Get eat the right pump and it is 1 thing less to worry about.

Cheers rigsby,
Is the Ritmo the way to go, I am trying to get set up for a pump on site, obviously limited to 110v and you know what its like for water on site every F***** unplugging you every 5 mins, so am planning to run water from a couple of large water butts, once these are filled im self sufficient. This will be my first pump, let me know what you think.

Cheers rigsby,
Is the Ritmo the way to go, I am trying to get set up for a pump on site, obviously limited to 110v and you know what its like for water on site every F***** unplugging you every 5 mins, so am planning to run water from a couple of large water butts, once these are filled im self sufficient. This will be my first pump, let me know what you think.

Defo 2 big uns bud was giving a mate a left onsite but he only had one set up with a ball cock valve, was constantly feed water but with everyone using the same supply it goes down to a trickle!! We would be firing on all cylinders from 7-8 then would have to stop every 10 mins let the butt half fill and then back to it, (4 spreads stud round doing **** all) got very frustrating! If we had constant flow we would have been on and rubbed up for 10 ready to skim it at 12

My Ritmo is 240v for domestic work but I am pleased with. I would get the AV 1000 and I had a pressure switch fitted to mine at PFT Northern. I use an industrial wheelie bin and never had a water shortage problem even with the 3 phrase monojet.

But saying that I have the bigger ball valve fitted not the one you would get in a toilet cistern. Also if you can consider running the water pump of another circuit if you can. Less chance of tripping. les at PFT Northern can set you up with what you want but if you are South then there is UK Plastering Machines (Stuart) and PFT wales.

support your local PFT dealer and they will support you.

one step ahead of the game wezly, meeting up with Stuart tomorrow, Thanks anyway, good to see recommendation.:RpS_thumbup:

We have recently bought a ritmo and run it from our own water butt with our own pump, we also have our own genny so that we are 100% independent i'd say its the way to go i couldn't be ar5ed with the hassle of the water pressure dropping every time someone else was trying to draw water from the same supply or some idiot unplugging you from the site genny.

incidentally we use a 230v ritmo and we have had it on a few sites for major house builders now with no problems, even had a health and safety inspection by HSBC who had a good old nosey at what we were doing, it was obvious we were running 230v from the blue plugs on the machine and genny but he wasn't in the slightest bit concerned, probably because he knows 230v isn't banned by the HSE and he could see the breakers on the machine and genny, he did however give the labourer a dressing down because his dust mask wasn't face fitted...:RpS_sneaky: they always get you for something those B******S.....

We have recently bought a ritmo and run it from our own water butt with our own pump, we also have our own genny so that we are 100% independent i'd say its the way to go i couldn't be ar5ed with the hassle of the water pressure dropping every time someone else was trying to draw water from the same supply or some idiot unplugging you from the site genny.

incidentally we use a 230v ritmo and we have had it on a few sites for major house builders now with no problems, even had a health and safety inspection by HSBC who had a good old nosey at what we were doing, it was obvious we were running 230v from the blue plugs on the machine and genny but he wasn't in the slightest bit concerned, probably because he knows 230v isn't banned by the HSE and he could see the breakers on the machine and genny, he did however give the labourer a dressing down because his dust mask wasn't face fitted...:RpS_sneaky: they always get you for something those B******S.....

Good post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.