Water damaged plasterboard, help!!


New Member
Hi just wanted expert advice from you experts if possible!!!
I’ve recently finished renovating my rental property top to bottom.
Next door neighbours council houses boiler overflow has been leaking onto the outside wall of my property for over a month. The wall has absorbed the water and has now come through the plasterboard. This was dot and dabbed but the bottom meter was treated for rising damp and the dot and dab was the acrylic to stop moisture coming through.
What is the best way of sorting this out?
Does all of the plasterboard need replacing or does it need plastering and painting.?



First thing is to send a bill/estimate/photo's to the council Housing bods and threaten legal proceeedings if not fixed and outlet altered to prevent re-occurrence.