Water butt??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim85

Hi Iv tried to do a search on this but it's not working.

How does everyone have water butts set up to give enough pressure to run their pumps?

Do I need a water pump in the butt that feeds the pump?

Or can I put the water feed out of the bottom of the water butt with a hose running in the top to keep it topped up and use the pressure from the water butt itself?

Cheers

We just connect to the bottom of the water butt ,it is raised a bit ,thats on a G4 set up ,sure most machines are the same

It's a strata mp016. I thought that would work. I'll put it on a few pallets to get it off the floor a bit

Thanks

I take it you just keep the hose running in the top and let it fill up if it starts getting low?

I take it you just keep the hose running in the top and let it fill up if it starts getting low?
No mate ,this time of year i have accelerator in it ,220lts water butt will hold enough for 30 bags ,i refill when low ,but in the summer ,yes

I use an industrial wheelie bin. Geka outlet and a copper pipe
inlet I jubilee clip a hose pipe onto. The 'in side' of the said copper pipe has a ball valve (the bigger one) so the barrel is self filling.

Pipe from the outlet to the water pump then one from the water pump to the Ritmo.

Maybe with the weight of the water, if the barrel (bin) was elevated enough I could eliminate the water pump.

I just thought if it ran ok without a pump it would be one less thing to set up . Do any of you just run straight from the mains? Or does the pressure fluctuation mess with the mixing?

I just thought if it ran ok without a pump it would be one less thing to set up . Do any of you just run straight from the mains? Or does the pressure fluctuation mess with the mixing?
From what I have read on here very few run off mains as all it takes is someone to turn a tap on else where and the pressure drops and then you have issues.... please correct me if I am wrong....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The guy I got the pump from said always run off the generator and always use a water butt and I'll never have any issues with power and water pressure.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought but it sounds like it's pretty spot on advice and I like the idea of not having to run a water pump

So that's the plan. Just gotta get some work for it now

The guy I got the pump from said always run off the generator and always use a water butt and I'll never have any issues with power and water pressure.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought but it sounds like it's pretty spot on advice and I like the idea of not having to run a water pump

We always use a water butt ,saves killing the site lad that turns your water off to fill his kettle ,and being 3 phase , a genny as well

You will still need a water pump when running of a butt. Pal

image.jpg

We use mains water over any other method where permitted.
It much more consistent if the pressure is ok. Only ever had 1 job where pressure was 2 low to feed the pump.

We use a barrel if we need an admix so then we use a water booster. It pulls from the barrel and pushes to the machine suck and push suck and push.

To be fair did strata not show u how to link a water pump and does the mp not have 1 built in?

From what I have read on here very few run off mains as all it takes is someone to turn a tap on else where and the pressure drops and then you have issues.... please correct me if I am wrong....

Not totally true @Danny. You dont actually need all that much pressure to run the machine. 95% of mains will do it imo.

Water pumps can be intermittent with flow on start up too as well as the extra set up.

Not totally true @Danny. You dont actually need all that much pressure to run the machine. 95% of mains will do it imo.

Water pumps can be intermittent with flow on start up too as well as the extra set up.
Ah that's far enough ;-) I stand corrected :)

Status
Not open for further replies.