Was thinking of changing van

Status
Not open for further replies.

markj

I am thinking of changing my van
I have been looking at the mercedes vito was just wondering if any one had one.
Good and bad points
All comments welcome
Thanks guys

I had a Vito 10 years ago lovely drive but when it broke it was a nightmare !because when you take it to a garage you hear oh I don't touch Mercedes I heard loads or was it bad choice of garages?

I had a Vito about 5 years ago came home one night and it wasn't on me drive I phoned the cops and a right clever cnunt came round accusing me of getting rid of it right b*****d I thought I wasn't going to get paid out for it luckily our lass is mates with chief cop and he made the shithead cop come round and apologise to me. Mind you he never did the van was a cracker

My mate has just closed his van dealership down due mainly to vans being cheaply built during the recession period and getting to many comebacks.

2015-04-13-19-00-53--738774392.jpeg

Also my mate had his van broken in too they just prized the door open apparently they was a gang just targeting them vans as they was easy to break in

i,ll put my two bobs worth in and say buy a transit the mechanics at my local garage
love working on them easy to repair cheap spares compared to other makes.

oh and hello to all long time lurker thought i,d start to participate had four transits over the years loved every one of them getting another in a couple months good workhorses.

transits are ok till about 4 yr old then they rot ..... just got rid of mine as need lots of welding at 6 yr old... just got a ducato and and it feels like a rolls royce after the transit.... oh and it also has a galvanised body....

I bought a new Vivaro last July. Galv body (ever seen a rusty one?) seven grand cheaper than a transit of the same spec, and twelve grand cheaper than the same spec Vito.

Comfortable, well spec'd (air con, blue tooth etc etc) goes well, three year warranty. It really was a no brainer as I can find a lot better uses for the seven or twelve grand than having a different badge. :p

I had a vito up untill Xmas engine was great rest of the van was useless made of plastic and cheap crap always something going wrong and was rotten. My advise stay away build nothing like the cars

Depends on budget. I'd love one of the german vans but just can't affors one. The transit is the best all round choice, parts and servicing are peanut cheap and they're always top three for reliability! On rac and aa stats they're up there with the toyota hiace and sprinter and always best in winter apparently. This added to the fact I cant keep one clean for long enough to warrant a nicer motor means Transit.

Depends on budget. I'd love one of the german vans but just can't affors one. The transit is the best all round choice, parts and servicing are peanut cheap and they're always top three for reliability! On rac and aa stats they're up there with the toyota hiace and sprinter and always best in winter apparently. This added to the fact I cant keep one clean for long enough to warrant a nicer motor means Transit.
My mate has a brand new one (transit) very nice mate its more like a car inside but it did struggle going up a bit of a muddy incline but i blame the tyres. Plus he has the dark metallic blue which was great in France as all the cars etc we got behind immediatley slowed down as they thought we were the police lol

Sprinters are terrible , an embarrassment to Mercedes .
Our two are in garage as often as on road, should have stuck with transit ,

I have had sprinters all my working life, my first one has over 200k miles on it now and owned by my brother, never missed a beat, with the lads I work with we have 6 between us and they've all been bullet proof mechanically.

You must have had some serious bad luck with yours @FrankNewman275 but I can't understand why you still run them if they have given you so much trouble? If they are off the road that much surely you would have cut your loses and replaced them?

I have had sprinters all my working life, my first one has over 200k miles on it now and owned by my brother, never missed a beat, with the lads I work with we have 6 between us and they've all been bullet proof mechanically.

You must have had some serious bad luck with yours @FrankNewman275 but I can't understand why you still run them if they have given you so much trouble? If they are off the road that much surely you would have cut your loses and replaced them?
I tried to get shot of them, but no one interested in buying or trading them , have to keep them until they drop I think,
We all have our crosses to bear .

Thanks everyone for the advice
But it would appear the boss eg the wife has different ideas. ....
New kitchen and so on ......
So now time for hard choices.
New van and no loving lmao
Or new kitchen and lots of loving.....
:)

For the record i doubt ANYBODY takes care of their van or vehicle like @Wezly does! His van looks cleaner than those in the showrooms !!?? Fair play to him :birra:

Status
Not open for further replies.