Wanting to break into plastering

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinlip

as the header says I m wanting to breaking into plastering. I have been at college since last year and am just waiting to take my level 2 exam. I have advance quickly thru the course learning and picking up all that has been put in front of me. I have had more exposure than most get to skimming simply by being in the right place at the right time and have skimmed several walls of 15 m2. Has my speed picked up - Yes it has just this week my speed has jumped a couple of gears and thats how i was successfully able to skim a wall of 4.6 x 4.4 20 ms ok ok its 20.24 m2 to be correct haha!!!

here a list of my attributes:-

Conscientious – YES
Hard working – YES
Reliable – YES
On time – YES
Want to learn – YES
Can I be taught – YES
Do I listen – YES
Availability – Immediate
Location – will travel, will work away, will relocate
Will I work abroad - YES
Drive – YES
PPE – YES
CSCS – YES
Use a darby – YES
Use a featheredge – YES
Use a trowel & hawk –YES (& take skim from the front of the hawk)
Can I skim a 15 m2 wall – YES
Am I the finished item – No

NOW !!!!

Will someone please offer my a job. I need to out into the real world of plastering and use all i have learnt to date into practice in a professional working enviroment. i have no problem with relocating

You had me sold till you said hawk instead of handboard..........................:RpS_thumbdn:.................................good luck marra, hope you get sorted..................:RpS_thumbup:

as the header says I m wanting to breaking into plastering. I have been at college since last year and am just waiting to take my level 2 exam. I have advance quickly thru the course learning and picking up all that has been put in front of me. I have had more exposure than most get to skimming simply by being in the right place at the right time and have skimmed several walls of 15 m2. Has my speed picked up - Yes it has just this week my speed has jumped a couple of gears and thats how i was successfully able to skim a wall of 4.6 x 4.4 20 ms ok ok its 20.24 m2 to be correct haha!!!

here a list of my attributes:-

Conscientious – YES
Hard working – YES
Reliable – YES
On time – YES
Want to learn – YES
Can I be taught – YES
Do I listen – YES
Availability – Immediate
Location – will travel, will work away, will relocate
Will I work abroad - YES
Drive – YES
PPE – YES
CSCS – YES
Use a darby – YES
Use a featheredge – YES
Use a trowel & hawk –YES (& take skim from the front of the hawk)
Can I skim a 15 m2 wall – YES
Am I the finished item – No

NOW !!!!

Will someone please offer my a job. I need to out into the real world of plastering and use all i have learnt to date into practice in a professional working enviroment. i have no problem with relocating

Good luck buddy!

but if you can use a Darby & straight eedge then surely you should be able to float??

how long have you been in college? Where are you based? How old are you? What have you done in the past?

Im guessing a southern lad as they are in to falconry

Falconry - not at all mate I just prefer hawk to handboard and its quicker to type.
I m in the north east stockton This place gives me that sinking feeling but im still here so guess i know how to float. After 30 years of working ive still never had a job here.

Status
Not open for further replies.