Want to start a career in plastering

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidMcC

Hi my name is David McCartney I am sixteen from Glasgow and looking to pursue a career in plastering.

I have recently passed a NPA plastering course, in college I studied plastering and I have used sand and lime, browning, bonding and multi finish. I learned how to straighten a wall with screeds using sand and lime and also browning, I also learned how to put beads on using bonding and I learned how to dot and dab with bonding. I can also fit plasterer boards to ceilings and apply a finish to a high standard. All my work is complete to a very high and clean standard.

I also done some bench work with casting plaster, we made skirting for a project we done, we also made cornice we done this by making a mould then taking reveres moulds from that.
I am looking for an apprenticeship but would be willing to labour and learn from a professional I have passed my CITB test and if I got took on as an apprentice the company would get a grant to pay for some of my wages, I am very hard working and easy to get on with, and can work on my own or with a team. At college I had 100% attendance and was never late, if you require a reference my lecturer would be happy to supply one.

I would be grateful if you get back to me
Thanks for reading
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

David McCartney

Mobile-07716257932
Email-davidmccartney1996@gmail.com

Good luck, you sound like you could be an asset to someone,just keep knocking on doors and something will happen.

Fair play sound like a u wud b a great asset to a spread use already the basics in place and more now u just need some one to take you under their wing . Gud luck .

David, You sound like a fine lad. I would suggest you phone local plasterers/companies in your area and tell them what you have just told us. I'm sure that if the position is available, someone will take you on :)

Good luck wee man and welcome to the forum i would advise you to stick around coz jobs get posted really random, a young guy was on here a while back like yourself and was very keen the minute he isnt here a job ahs been posted up in his area.

cheers guys and girls:RpS_thumbup: , Minh i have tried the plastering in Glasgow is really slow just now

There will be some plasterers that have a steady stream of work. Persevere and you shall find. All the best David :)

cheers guys and girls:RpS_thumbup: , Minh i have tried the plastering in Glasgow is really slow just now

get ur cv printed off with reffs also email to employers then turn up at their door and hand them one in person also just to be sure youve already dune alot more than most aplyin for apprentaships just badger the hell out of them till they give in. Be sure to send the cv once aweek to them so your fresh in their minds .thats how i got my first start ha

How very refreshing, he doesn't do a course and thinks he's already a plasterer. I really do wish you the best of luck David and don't give up.

Hi David, do you know where argyll is ? If your willing to travel then I could certainly help you out on the roughcasting/rendering bit. Can't justify taking anyone on full time but more than happy to help someone as keen as yourself. Pm me if your interested in the odd shift up here, even the odd weekend if your interested..

Hi David, do you know where argyll is ? If your willing to travel then I could certainly help you out on the roughcasting/rendering bit. Can't justify taking anyone on full time but more than happy to help someone as keen as yourself. Pm me if your interested in the odd shift up here, even the odd weekend if your interested..

Hi could it be possible if you can give me your email address as its not letting me pm you?

good luck mate....

your approah and attitude seems spot on mate...tbh your greatest asset at the moment is your age because for a prospective employer you are of the cheapest minimum age pay bracket in addition to this the fact that youve used your own initiative and made steps in learning will be looked favourabley upon.

Its realy tough out there at moment but if you can stick it out and get a start on rubbish money while your still at home with no commitments in a few years you will have atrade under your belt that will pay you for a lifetime.

goog luck zombie

Well done lad thats a perfect pitch, tells a prospective employer everything about you and what you've experienced. As said you certainly sound an asset to any employer. Keep knocking the doors,better than ringing or posting cv, take your cv with you but go in person.offer to do a day or so for nowt ,just some lunch/bus fare, if the guys sound they will slip you £20. Good luck!

Ah bless, this thread almost brought a tear to my eye .........he is in for a surprise in this game.....one born every minute, i was one of them !

Mate your a brave loony for wanting to spread for a living but fair play all the same. Only advise I can give above from what's already been said is regardless if u get work off here or not, stick around. Everyone will back me up that your still learning 10-20 yrs down the road from where you are. There is a lot of info and knowledge on this site in around the banter. Read and learn. It's probably better info than what you'll learn from a lot of spreads you could end up working with.

Status
Not open for further replies.