wallpaper + paint

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rijndael

Hi guys

I took some wallpaper off one of my walls only to be confronted by paint. I scrapped as much as I could (the paint that is) and then went over the stubborn bits with a stanley knife so that the plaster could key onto the wall behind it. Problem is, when I began skimming small bits of wall paper were messing up the finish and some of the former bits of stubborn paint were coming off. I did manage to get a good finish but with a lot of effort. I was thinking of using some bonding next time I encounter such a problem and then skim. Are there any other quicker approaches to tackle this issue ?

Hi guys

I took some wallpaper off one of my walls only to be confronted by paint. I scrapped as much as I could (the paint that is) and then went over the stubborn bits with a stanley knife so that the plaster could key onto the wall behind it. Problem is, when I began skimming small bits of wall paper were messing up the finish and some of the former bits of stubborn paint were coming off. I did manage to get a good finish but with a lot of effort. I was thinking of using some bonding next time I encounter such a problem and then skim. Are there any other quicker approaches to tackle this issue ?

All you should have done was make sure all paper was removed then glue and skim. All you did by scoring the paint was cause yourself more problems. If it was silk paint use something like bondit or throw a handfull of sand into your pva.

Status
Not open for further replies.