Wall soundproofing

Members online

sam123

Hi guys, I'm new to site and was wondering if anyone can help with few questions. Have made an extension to my house down in Brighton and want to build some interior walls but also would like to have the best soundproofing for them. One will be a sort of music/TV room and don't want too much noise going through into the garden room, any ideas please would greatly help.

Hi guys, I'm new to site and was wondering if anyone can help with few questions. Have made an extension to my house down in Brighton and want to build some interior walls but also would like to have the best soundproofing for them. One will be a sort of music/TV room and don't want too much noise going through into the garden room, any ideas please would greatly help.
Welcome along Sam, use the search box above and you'll find lots of archived posts on the subject. Like this beauty from @malc
plastered out a couple of recording studios.
built from cork blocks for soundproof, internal angles and ceiling lines twitched out with a football as they did not want a note of music getting stuck in a corner !

Welcome along Sam, use the search box above and you'll find lots of archived posts on the subject. Like this beauty from @malc
plastered out a couple of recording studios.
built from cork blocks for soundproof, internal angles and ceiling lines twitched out with a football as they did not want a note of music getting stuck in a corner !
Thats a whole other ball game though. Tuning a room is a different beast to soundproofing. Search google for room within a room and mass law sound transmission. There's youtube video's on the subject and hifi forums are full of info to.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?cli............0i71j0i22i30j33i22i29i30.8gKnLnxtlRY

Hi Sam. Depends on your budget, and how much soundproofing you need. Good old resilient bar with 2 soundbloc boards, plus wool in the cavities works pretty well. But there are other newer ( better ) systems around, like the Genieclip system. Its a big subject. There are a few decent websites you can check out, let me know how you get on.

Our internal walls will be timber 2" x 4", so was thinking of using 100mm acoustic wool for infill and then like you say Bledina a resilient layer like the genie clip system then 2 layers of acoustic boards. Maybe using these on ceiling as well ? Was also seeing something about a membrane , Texa sound 50 ? Anyone know how that would be attached etc ?

Also consider the flanking walls, ceiling and floor. If you have any subs make risers to decouple them from the floor as the airbourne sound is easier to deal with!