Waiting between coats

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oval

hello everyone, I have a question to ask about waiting time between coats of rendering . If I put on scratch coat yesterday, can I finish it tomorrow. I'm due away on holiday on Thursday and need my wall finished before I go. I can't afford to pay a plasterer to come do it and will attempt it myself. I know this isn't ideal but it's all I've got to get the wall looking better than what it is.

My mix was 4:1 scratch coat and final coat will be same or 5:1. I have put waterproof plasterciser in scratch coat and will do same with final coat.

TY
Single parent

5 sand 1 cement 1 lime and pray it goes off
If you would have put lime in the scratch the final coat would have pulled in quicker

I agree you can do it just expect a full day for it to go before you rub it up in this weather

Not if sun is hitting it. I've had times where sun has been hitting wall and ended up having to rub up quicker than what I thought this time of year.

As for waiting between coats. Ive done it 2 days after and even next day. Just don't leave it to long because it can dry out to much then you'll be having to soak the fcuk out of it just so it doesn't dry to quick on you.

Last edited:
Put lime in it. it will help it go off a wee bit quicker 4-1 top coat will help get it going a wee bit quicker to

Your right there clemo, how long the scratch coat has been left or The mix used is probably going to be the least of his problems

hello everyone, I have a question to ask about waiting time between coats of rendering . If I put on scratch coat yesterday, can I finish it tomorrow. I'm due away on holiday on Thursday and need my wall finished before I go. I can't afford to pay a plasterer to come do it and will attempt it myself. I know this isn't ideal but it's all I've got to get the wall looking better than what it is.

My mix was 4:1 scratch coat and final coat will be same or 5:1. I have put waterproof plasterciser in scratch coat and will do same with final coat.

TY
Single parent

A little rapid set cement will help,

Status
Not open for further replies.