Vote for rendering tomorrow!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

basset

So do i render a small section tomorrow. tomorrow is dry highs of 6 at lunchtime then drops down to 3. Heavy rain next day but can cover it.

Builder is desperate for me to get it on. But I'm thinking holding of until all this weather calms down abit.
Opinions? I shall go with majority?
Cast you votes lads? On another note everyone busy at the moment?

Bang it on mate , just worry about the wind and direction when you cover up ,we have mainly been outside for the last 3 months :RpS_crying:

What are you doing? We tried covering some last week the wind blew it off and it looks terrible, that was monocouche all the colours washed

We're beading up a house tomorrow for roughcast but Won't be back rest of week because of falling temps.

I'd leave it until weather gets better, would the builder pay twice when you have to do it again, would he shite.

Owls you shut down for 4 months a year :RpS_wink:,and he is in the south , not like we have had much rain :RpS_confused:

Owls you shut down for 4 months a year :RpS_wink:,and he is in the south , not like we have had much rain :RpS_confused:

True, but we're back in now,but we arnt doing anything at the moment due to weather. Put some mono on last week t30 earth monorex and the rain caught it, that was the last straw,,so tomorrow when the rain comes down I'll be watching homes under the hammer and listening to pop master at home. Doesn't pay my mortgage but neither does bodging render this time of year.

True, but we're back in now,but we arnt doing anything at the moment due to weather. Put some mono on last week t30 earth monorex and the rain caught it, that was the last straw,,so tomorrow when the rain comes down I'll be watching homes under the hammer and listening to pop master at home. Doesn't pay my mortgage but neither does bodging render this time of year.
I will be honest ,i dont now how you guys do in your area :RpS_crying:

I will be honest ,i dont now how you guys do in your area :RpS_crying:

We don't.

Done 6 days so far this year. But I did save for having winter off and will do the same for next year. Bit of a sod in summer when you are earning and dare not spend. Once I have reached my winter saving target then I treat myself.

Looking for another property now though. That one will be for the sole purpose of paying for having winter off. Getting a property at the right price is not as easy as homes under the hammer makes it look.

Sand and cement render, going to try a mix with some rapid in it that was suggested from one of the lads on here! That's if I go for it!

Na the ration I've been told about that I'm going to give a go is split the cement part into half opc then half rapid. Bit of an experiment as haven't tried it before.

hope you get it done basset, the weather is **** all week,, i would do a very small mix first,, maybe just use cups for a experimental mix,, from the times ive use it it is bloody rapid

I can't see that working properly. It will set and may appear ok but the rapid will set when the ppc is still setting? Crazing?

i would wait for better weather , i have only ever used rapid for dubbing out thick areas and holes where i want it to go really quick before rendering normally

Ive got a few external jobs/walls to do, but just doing a bit at a time as the weather allows, ive been lucky so far but a few dodgy days where rain came in earlier than expected had me worried, problem is inside works getting eaten up really quickly now with all this shyte weather so play it by ear .

Had abit of luck with the break in the weather and managed to get it all on, covered for the night. Let's hope the wind doesn't blow the tarp off.

Ideally you wanna be looking at going on holiday in the bad months and working all summer through. Its OK when it comes off but a lot of the time you lose money on winter installs due to lads down time and fixing wash off etc.

Its not been freezing this winter. Just wet. Dodging rain is a skill you learn

I found the best way to protect a job with is monarflex scaffold sheets rubber ties and ropes and ratchet straps.

Fixing the sheets with blocks or heavy items don't last and sheets will either come loose or tear because they act like a sail. If you tie ropes tight with a ratchets they are good anchor points but allow the sheet to flex with the strongest of gusts.

If you really put some thought into protecting the work you can cover almost any job and not loose a day. Its whether you're prepared to put the effort in or just do what everyone else does and give up when it rains.

Those arabs been managing for yonks

Status
Not open for further replies.